Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automatic VS. Standard ? Well, i much prefer a standard transmission, but i might have a very nice opportunity to buy aaa beutiful newer extended cab pickup with an automatic transmission.What can i expect in terms of performance, reliability and longevity from a automatic transmission in an 2003 Toyota extended cab two wheel drive pickup with the 4 banger? thanks, I really would like some feedback on this!

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
performance and reliability? top notch, really.....autos have come a long way since your hilux...;0

but long story short though....if you're concerned about performance thought, a 5spd will always be more efficient and faster than an auto

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
^ x2

All the trucks at my work are automatics since not everyone can drive a manual with no synchros.

The trucks I drive have 6.0l or 7.6l diesel with Alisson automatics and have GVW of 23000 to 26000 pounds. Quite a different beast than a Toyota pickup but the automatics get the job done.

But like eye8pussies said, manuals will be more efficient and probably cost less to overhaul or maintain compared to an automatic.

·
Toyota Fanboy
4,486 Posts
Typically when you put a 4-banger together with an automatic tranny, its a pretty gutless combination.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.