Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, the previous owner put in a digital dash in my duece coupe and messed it up so I'm making my own cluster with all autometer gauges and I ned to technical advice on which gauges to buy

In the cluster I'm gonna have:

fuel level
oil pressure
volts
speedometer
water temperature (got it, and it's installed)

the volts gauge won't be a problem, however, I NEED TO KNOW
-what the Ohm readings are for the fuel sending unit are full and empty
-what is the maximum standard oil pressure for a 3SGE motor
-where to look for tranny identification numbers (so I can know for sure what tranny I have)and then information about the speedometer sending unit...

Thanx in advance

Corey Kauffman

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah guys, I've got an Autometer tach, A/F and water temp gauge in it....the prob is that the Nordskog digital dash in it that doesn't work at all so I'm goin through and pickin out the right gauges and custom makin my setup to get it over with...to buy everything else would be more expensive and as it is, I am sellin my guitar, and loanin the money....

the only manual I can get my hands on around here is the two volume CD one I got with the car. it doesn't tell me me anything i need to know about the Ohms for the fuel sendin unit, the standard oil pressure, or how to read the tranny and identify the signal coming from it.

I ripped everything out today and tested the sendin unit and got 40ohms at less than have and a tank 9 ohms at a little fuller than the "click" on the gas pump. so I'm gettin the 73-10 ohms gauge....but what kind of oil pressure do these 3SGE motors run? as well as how can I identify what kind of signal is my tranny sending out?

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
cyberdine guages are okay..but i find that the sending units tend to fail over time..i had a fuel and boost gauge..and both weren't very accurate....my boost guage was off 1psi...and the fuel would work only when it wanted to....

·
Audi Technician
91 MR2
774 Posts
MRQturbo said:
cyberdine guages are okay..but i find that the sending units tend to fail over time..i had a fuel and boost gauge..and both weren't very accurate....my boost guage was off 1psi...and the fuel would work only when it wanted to....

i had a friend w/ cyderdyne... the older gauges when they first came out had problems... but the new line i haven't heard any problems about... unless thats wha you have... and that would be the first. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts