Toyota Nation Forum banner

Which option

• Finish Camry Interior. Then stop modding anything and save money for the big truck rebuild

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Finish Camry interior. Slowly work on 76' dodge that will take years and $10k + to get close to done

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Finish Camry. Store dodge. Buy another project vehicle (ranger?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98' LGT
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal, I have gotten to the point where I need to make a big decision. I need to decide what I am doing as far as a project vehicle. I really like my camry, but alot of things I want to do with a vehicle (modding wise) just can't be done with it because it's got to stay a DD. So here are my thoughts

1. Finish my camry's interior and call it done as far as modding. This car has to be driven all teh time and gets the crap beat outta it (mostly from on-campus parking). So I feel as though putting more money into it is just a waste. After that, just save up money for my 76' Power WAgon restoration a few years down the road.

2. Finish camry interior, and start working on my 76' PowerWagon. This would be a no brainer, but at teh moment, I don't have the facilities needed for such a project. This is frame off, very time consuming, full rebuild.

3. Finish camry intereior. Store the 76' somewhere/how that it won't deteriorate anymore than it is. Once that's stored, buy another project that doesn't require it to be in the garage for years. At the present, I'm thinking about a late 80's - early 90's ford ranger. This could happily live out side, and when I had time to do things, I could pull it into the garage and spend the weekend doing things. (ie, i could shave the tailgate, then just park it back outside when that part is done).

opinions?

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
If I was in the situation where I could restore something and do major mods and that kind of stuff I think I would much rather work with a classic. If you are going to be driving the Camry as a daily driver. I would say finish the interior and then go to the Power Wagon. I jsut dont think I would want to put time and effort into a Ranger. Or even go out and find a fullsize classic Ford or Chevy truck taht is in better condition than the PW and work on it.

·
Registered
98' LGT
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^I bought this truck when I was 14, having wanted it since I was about 10. I'm not replacing it, it will eventually be rebuilt. It's jsut a matter of when.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts