Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I want to get an idea of how much a new bumper would cost as my car looks SOOOOOO BAD without the "lower-aprin" under the plastic bumper. :(

Just so every1's clear the GEN2 Camrys have a metal guard running around the front of the car under the plastic bar just behind the number-plate. The other dumb thing is that it is in 3 peices and the side peices are actually part of the side guards. :cry:

I don't ever know if any1 makes front bars for the 1991 SV21's???
:confused: :confused:

Anywayz a company name / phone number / address would be greatly appreaciated. :)

Cheers, Pete.

PS:
I dont mind if it's fiberglass or plastic.
Keep in mind i'm in Australia.

·
Beams SV21
576 Posts
iceman......the beast, split personality? :D

anyway dude, basically there is just the erebuni kit that is out there, other then that you'd most likely have to go custom or try and fit another kit onto the cam, there's not much stuff out there for our Camrys in regards to body kits and stuff....i'm going to ask my mate from fibremotive to see what he can do one day, after i take care of some perfomance issues. But i have to agree with you, the Gen2 doesnt look as sexy as a the later camry's....

have you talked to IceMajick on toymods? she might be able to point you to the company that did it for her...

oh and StickyDilJoe has a black widow kit if i'm right, i cant remember but that one he modified to fit it on and its quite nice....

heres info on the erebuni kit:
link
the price is $213 USD so AUD is abt $280 (i think) but then u have to factor in shipment etc but it sounds alright...think its just an addition to the std bumper tho...

hope that helps and all the best

Huy

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Will that even fit the Australian front bumpers? They are significantly different.

Maybe you should try the Lexus ES250 front? The bumper is a lot clearner looking than the 2nd gens.

·
Beams SV21
576 Posts
dont think we got the Lexus ES250 over here....

i think there's only a mild difference between the bumpers, ours are just a tad shorter so i think it should fit, u might need to do some modification of it but the front should fit...not sure tho,

Talisman, would you know what the differences are? dimensions? i think there's only a difference in how far the bumper comes out....not sure...

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Yeah but how far the front comes out means that the sides will be too long on the erebuni piece. It's gonna hav to be cut to line up with the lines of the wheel well.

And I know you didn't get the lexus es250 over there. I meant buy the bumper form here and have it shipped.

·
Beams SV21
576 Posts
oh....:hammer: guess you could do that too lol....but what is the availability of the Lex ES250 over there?

i still think a little trimming of the Erebuni wouldnt be much of a hassle, i dont think there would be too much to cut, but i'll just wait till some one gets the dosh first and brings one over here :D then i'll see if its worth it

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
The lexus was only available 2 years and wasn't very popular. I eman why get one anyway, when you could just buy a Camry for cheaper that was basically the exact same car. But nevertheless, finding a bumper from it should be very easy. Looking on www.Car-parts.com , I can find a ton. I am sure there are probably a couple aftermarket options also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts