Toyota Nation Forum banner

Avalon Auto Headlights

2156 4
Whenever I go under bridges during the daytime my headlights go on when under the bridge and go off when back in sunshine. I know the sensor is in front of the driver at the bottom rake of the windshield. Is there a way to adjust the light sensor so it does not turn the lights on so often.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Whine Connoisseur
11,017 Posts
If you're handy with electronics, you could replace the photosensor with a lower sensativity level. Hmmm..would putting a few resistors, capacitors or whatever work too? If you do this, it might take longer for the lights to come on when you actually want then too. Sorry about being vague, I'm not very good with electronics.
If it really bothers you that much, just disconnect the sensor and control your lights manually :)

·
Registered
Highlander
1,764 Posts
If you can find the relay that switches it on, identify the ground terminal/wire, you can add a toggle switch to enable or disable it. Let me guess, Hubbard's cave?

·
Registered
Avalon
265 Posts
Yes it is adjustable. I know the dealer can do it, without replacing anything, but I haven't looked up how to do it yet. I'll post more later, when I figure it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Auto Headlight Sensor Adjustment - '96 Avalon

I just picked up a '96 Avalon XLS and have noticed that in the Auto Headlight On mode, the headlights turn on when it is too dark. The manual says that the dealer can adjust the sensitivity, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how to make the adjustment without a trip to the dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.