Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 VW Touareg
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do the new 05/06 avalons handle (specifically, the XLS or limited)? anyone who can compare with the 02/02 maxima would be very helpful...thanks...

a little background...i'm in the market for a new car..initially loooked at the 3.6L passat, but thought it was overpriced for what you got....i'm looking at a fully loaded accord, avalon, or TL now...i haven't had a chance to drive an avalon yet, but my only real concern is its handling...but so long as it's halfway decent and surefooted at high speeds (80+), that's good enough for me.

·
Registered
07 Sienna
240 Posts
I must admit I did not drive any of the Nissan line. I have had a number of performance vehicles and the Avalon is pretty solid. You'll notice teh low profile of the vehicle to the ground and very little wheel well gap. This really pays off at higher speeds as the car will not float and the steering stays firm and crisp.

I believe the Avalon is a bit longer than the Maxima so I would expect the Maxima to have a smaller turning radius. Give it a test drive and drive in and out of parking spaces at the local shopping center.

It might be harder to get the car up to 110 MPH with the sales guy in the car but trust me the car is solid at speed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Crusie Ship

I have an 05 Limited. It handles like a full size Buick. It is a highway cruiser and not a performance car. It is quiet and comfortable with excellent acceleration, but it does not corner like a maxima nor have the same sports feel.

·
Registered
266 Posts
If you want excellent handling, then get the Touring Edition like I did. It's great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts