Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2014 Avalon. I’m trying to find out if anyone has tried to apply this accessory to the 2014.

PT 94207160

It says it only fits 2016-18 but when I cross check doors it appears the doors are the same from 13-18. It might not work but thought I’d see if someone might know more.

Thank you!

·
Registered
Toyota Avalon
75 Posts
The 2013 to 2018 Avalons are identical except for running changes to the suspension, nose, tail and other equipment.

I initially wanted the Toyota PT 94207160 but they were $250 and none of the Toyota dealers had them in stock. They don't fit along the sides or bottom of the doors, but flat along the lower molding below the doors.

I ordered these similar alternatives, however the pieces did not align with the door openings so I did not install them and returned them.

CarID have 2 other chrome side moldings from "SES Trims" and "Dawn" on their website:

I eventually ordered and installed these:

They fit very well along the bottom of the doors, and look like original equipment. I think they set off the lines of the Avalon very nicely.
I've attached photos.

I added one more little tweak. A "Premium" logo under the XLE logo...

·
Registered
2014 Avalon XLE Premium (traded in)
245 Posts
The 2013 to 2018 Avalons are identical except for running changes to the suspension, nose, tail and other equipment.

I initially wanted the Toyota PT 94207160 but they were $250 and none of the Toyota dealers had them in stock. They don't fit along the sides or bottom of the doors, but flat along the lower molding below the doors.

I ordered these similar alternatives, however the pieces did not align with the door openings so I did not install them and returned them.

CarID have 2 other chrome side moldings from "SES Trims" and "Dawn" on their website:

I eventually ordered and installed these:

They fit very well along the bottom of the doors, and look like original equipment. I think they set off the lines of the Avalon very nicely.
I've attached photos.

View attachment 284485 View attachment 284486 View attachment 284487

I added one more little tweak. A "Premium" logo under the XLE logo...
View attachment 284490
I have factory (or could be a SET) "chrome" trim in my 2014. It came with the car, and very well could be the PT 94207160 part. However, the "chrome" doesn't really shine anymore, kinda looks grey and you can see the plastic underneath at the ends. It's basically degraded to that point Florida sun is tough.

I am thinking of ripping it off. That Tyger piece might be a good replacement.

I like the Premium logo as well. Nicely done.

·
Registered
245 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks nice. I did end up cross checking the rocker panels like the first poster said. 2014-18 all have the same rocker part number so the oem trim will fit even though all the Toyota websites say no. Too bad if Florida cooks it since I live down here too.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Looks nice. I did end up cross checking the rocker panels like the first poster said. 2014-18 all have the same rocker part number so the oem trim will fit even though all the Toyota websites say no. Too bad if Florida cooks it since I live down here too.
Yeah, it's tough. This is motivation for me to get my garage cleaned out so I can get the cars in there. I have too much crap in there that belongs to other people (family) since we moved here. A big chunk just got moved out this week. I need that to continue.

·
Registered
2014 Avalon Limited
93 Posts
I have never seen the OEM ones on a 4 TH Gen. Avalon, The 2014 Camry XLE models have them. but they are in a recessed channel on the lower rocker panel and fit more flush inside the panel within the rocker. You might be able to fit the Camry ones over the rockers if there not too long or too short. P.S If by chance anyone is also thinking about the chrome trim piece for the lower rear bumper cover. That was on the 2014 Avalon hybrids, that too is channeled into the rear bumper cover and won`t fit on the (2014) Avalon Limited V6 either. (2 different bumper covers) Hard to believe they would do all that, but they did it for the hybrids in this year.

·
Registered
2014 Avalon Limited
93 Posts
I'm considering this, as it's actual stainless steel and would be a direct replacement for the plastic that's on my car now.

If that is where they fit as pictured and over the top of the rocker cover. That is where they look the best to me. Just try to find more reviews from other buyers B4 you order them.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have never seen the OEM ones on a 4 TH Gen. Avalon,
I've seen them on several down here, which makes me think they are a SET item. I actually found a cached copy of the listing for my car on the Toyota dealer's lot when it was new and in the photos, they are on there.

If that is where they fit as pictured and over the top of the rocker cover. That is where they look the best to me.
I agree, looks better there than at the bottom of the doors.

·
Registered
Toyota Avalon
75 Posts
I've seen them on several down here, which makes me think they are a SET item. I actually found a cached copy of the listing for my car on the Toyota dealer's lot when it was new and in the photos, they are on there.

I agree, looks better there than at the bottom of the doors.
The "QAA" strips appear to be exactly the same as the "SAA" strips I tried. They have the same part number and width, and have the same picture showing them installed on the black car. The problem with these strips is that they do not come as single strips for each side of the car, and the 2 pieces for each side are not cut to the width of the front and rear doors. When they are installed, the seam between the front and rear pieces do not align with the door openings because the front and rear pieces are the same length, and I don't think they look good. I have no idea why the manufacturer chose not to cut the pieces correctly to size. When I install an accessory I want it to be absolutely precise and appear factory fitted. Just be aware before ordering.
I downloaded the picture from Amazon and placed a red line approximately where the two parts meet, as shown below.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The "QAA" strips appear to be exactly the same as the "SAA" strips I tried. They have the same part number and width, and have the same picture showing them installed on the black car. The problem with these strips is that they do not come as single strips for each side of the car, and the 2 pieces for each side are not cut to the width of the front and rear doors. When they are installed, the seam between the front and rear pieces do not align with the door openings because the front and rear pieces are the same length, and I don't think they look good. I have no idea why the manufacturer chose not to cut the pieces correctly to size. When I install an accessory I want it to be absolutely precise and appear factory fitted. Just be aware before ordering.
I downloaded the picture from Amazon and placed a red line approximately where the two parts meet, as shown below.
View attachment 284620
Thanks for the tip. Since they are on the rocket panel, there's no reason they can't be one piece. Back to the drawing board, I guess.

·
Registered
2014 Avalon Limited
93 Posts
View attachment 284620
Thanks for the info. Was thinking of changing my lower door style to this, but that would drive me crazy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ended up getting the factory chrome rocker piece and the factory painted door guards. Everything fit as it should. $300 total. I like how it turned out, instructions seemed tedious but it was maybe hour total with a beer or two.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Avalon Limited
93 Posts
Thanks for the follow up. Give yourself a pat on the back from us ! You did well. Could you add a full facing picture of the side view of the new rocker panel trim, without too much reflection ? And was that OEM part # PT94207160 ?? And was it made of plastic or metal. Thanks again for taking the time to follow up for all of us.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sure no problem I will add some more pictures tomorrow.
PT942-07169. Lower Rocker side mold
PT29A-00140-20 (070 Blizzard Pearl)

The Rocker mold is heavy and metal, solid stainless I’d assume. The door guards actually said Lexus on the inside so I assume for an es350. Both very well packaged from Toyota.

·
Registered
2014 Avalon Limited
93 Posts
Thanks! . Looks like the part # for the stainless lower rocker trim piece is PT94207160 and PT94207169 that I can find any reference on the web with ? Is it one piece on each side or two on each side ? No rush on the picture, when ever you get the time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts