Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Maryann, have anything available for Android users?
Yes, it's coming soon. Within a couple of weeks another kit is being released - as the WVITY-01.

It is a Wi-Fi version that works with both (Android and iPhone) Smartphones. It will include all the same VIM functions without the need for any cables for being connected as it's completely wireless.

·
Registered
201 Posts
We just purchased a 2014 Highlander with the JBL Entune setup. I had a quick question before ordering this. I understand this adds a video input to the head unit but want to verify this is active with the car moving. Also does this bypass the factory navigation unit enabling full use of it during movement. Would this give the ability for the driver to input an address in the headunit while its moving. Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
We just purchased a 2014 Highlander with the JBL Entune setup. I had a quick question before ordering this. I understand this adds a video input to the head unit but want to verify this is active with the car moving. Also does this bypass the factory navigation unit enabling full use of it during movement. Would this give the ability for the driver to input an address in the headunit while its moving. Thanks!
Hi,
See below answers to your questions and a note below:
"I understand this adds a video input to the head unit but want to verify this is active with the car moving. "
Answer- Yes it does add a video input. Yes, the built-in module has VIM capability (Video in-Motion) which can be controlled via the Steering wheel controls.

"Also does this bypass the factory navigation unit enabling full use of it during movement."
Answer- Yes, this option can be controlled via the Steering wheel controls. Furthermore it does not interfere with any factory feature whenever it's exercised.

"Would this give the ability for the driver to input an address in the headunit while its moving."
Answer- No. It only provides one-way mirroring from iPhones or other gadgets to the factory screen, therefore this function has to be performed from the connected device.

Note: We have also released the wireless version for it if interested. The advantage with this version is that both types of smartphones (iPhone & Android/Samsung) are compatible in the Wi-Fi mode. It's the WVITY-01:
http://cruxinterfacing.com/products/WVITY-01/index.html

Available online at iCarkits:
http://www.icarkits.com/products/V8WVITY01

·
Registered
201 Posts
One more question for clarification. Does this work like any AV Input would as in I can hookup a dvd player to it rather than an iphone using just normal RCA connectors? Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
One more question for clarification. Does this work like any AV Input would as in I can hookup a dvd player to it rather than an iphone using just normal RCA connectors? Thanks!
Yes, most composite video devices with RCA connectors will work, including DVD players.
Not recommended to be used while driving though. Please read our disclaimers.
--- Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Crux Interfacing WVITY-01

I just installed the Crux interfacing WVITY-01 in my 2012 Camry I purchase a month ago. This device is awesome and works smoothly. Installation was easy. Digging this device going to give it a test drive today on my way to work. I am using a new LG G3 with Miracast. The guys and gals over at crux were very helpful with any problems I ran into. Which I ran into two because I don't know how to read instructions properly LOL. So read instruction all of it before installing. Have any questions hit me up, Ill help. I got mine from Ebay. Had no dealer in my area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this says it is not compatible with the new 2014.5 Toyota Camry, but it says "NOTE – Not Compatible with 2014 1/2 Camry & 2014 1/2 Sienna with “Voice Navigation” radio"
and it shows this radio

Does this mean that if our radio is not a "voice navigation" radio then it will work?

Mine looks like this

1 - 14 of 14 Posts