Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally bought new headlights f my 2011 Taco . Got them from Carid on Jan 8. Install was easy and they looked great. About 7 days later the drivers side started fogging up . So i waited to see if it would clear. Feb 2nd I sent an email carid requesting a replacement. Let the games begin. It all started with normal customer service. Gave me 2 options to replace. #1 pay for replace and get refunded once the old one was returned. #2 did not consider.
Obviously i choose #1. They then needed 3 days of time and date stamped pics to review and see if it cleared.
More to follow.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update. Still waiting the 24 to 48 hrs for the RMA to be generated, and that was 4 days ago.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Vendor reports are very useful since most of them handle basically the same stuff. I have bought stuff from Carid before and not had any issues, but then again didn't have any warranty issues. When I ordered my Borla cat back for my taco I had many choices where I could get it from. Wound up ordering from 4 Wheel as they had free shipping, ships in 24/48 hours, delivery in 3 to 5 days. Well, all that sounded great, but in reality didn't happen. 48 hours after order I was notified that due to inventory deficiencies they didn't have it in stock and would have to wait on Borla to ship it to them which would be approximately 1 week. All in all took about 2 1/2 weeks to get it. Probably won't use them again.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So 19 days for the start of this horrible CS journey finally got RMA approval. They wanted me to send them back before I rcvd replacements.. like I am going to drive my truck for who knows how long to get replacements. Talked to CS they did not care about my situation. Also its none of their business that i still have my old ligjts. Thats never been the point.
Told the guy i was buying new lights somewhere else and as soon as i installed them they would rcv the bad ones for a full refund. His reply was, sir that is surley an option..
To heck with CARID

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Installed my new spyder lights from costco. They look great. Now the return and refund from Carid. Wish me a speedy end to this

·
06SpduBcaB
27 Posts
Good luck with all these flight by night "middlemen" parts web sites.

One to be cautious about too is Autoplicity.
I bought a rear sway bar from them for my Matrix. Delays after delays on shipping. They eventually refunded the shipping and the bar was shipped out two and a half months later. Got a killer deal..... 79 shipped for a rear sway bar!! But it only took 3 months.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally got my money back and some new spyder auto headlights, which i bought off amazon

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've learned my lesson dealing with Ebay. Seems a lot of their merchants don't speak, read or write english very well or maybe at all. It's been very confusing & frustrating for me. I just won't put up with it anymore. Just 10 days ago I was on Ebay checking some things out & every item I looked at was sent to my home & I didn't purchase them..
Even their Customer Service couldn't speak clearly or understand.. It's over!!

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
7,236 Posts
I've learned my lesson dealing with Ebay. Seems a lot of their merchants don't speak, read or write english very well or maybe at all. It's been very confusing & frustrating for me. I just won't put up with it anymore. Just 10 days ago I was on Ebay checking some things out & every item I looked at was sent to my home & I didn't purchase them..
Even their Customer Service couldn't speak clearly or understand.. It's over!!
Been buying stuff from eBay for over 8 years and have had little issues. You just gotta read the seller review's and take a chance and I guess by some chance a majority of the sellers I buy from have been great for me. More so getting an item from Japan in two days. Otherwise why did you get sent items? I blame user error as there is no way for anything at all to be shipped to your home without adding it to your cart, adding your payment information, then clicking confirm. This is why on Amazon I turned off the 1-click purchase because I did not want to make a purchase that I did not want with a mis-click.
  • Read the reviews
  • Where is the seller located
  • Understand what you are buying
You either buy stuff online or you buy stuff in a store and if they don't have stuff in store you have to buy it online. eBay, Amazon, RockAuto, Aliexpress, and whatever you buy from, you just take a chance. Bought my tail lights, my K&N, my rear window spoiler, dash cams, and a whole lot of other garbage that I really don't need from them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ive had very few if any issues on ebay. Not saying that there bad ones out there. Just have to do your homework

1 - 13 of 13 Posts