Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Scion tC
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WARNING: Toyota of Orange is selling Scion tC coupes with a $2000 17" chrome wheel option.

1. Although these are the 17" OEM Scion wheels, they are not chromed by Toyota Motor Sales USA nor Toyota Motors Japan. They are misrepresenting these as wheels fom Toyota Motor Sales USA & Toyota Japan. As I would discover later from other dealers this is not the case.

2. The chrome finish on these wheels are shoddy at best and not worth $2,000. Mine started peeling in less than 6 months and I have been waiting almost a year for Toyota of Orange to make it right. They are also peeling on the inside of the rim thus ruling out any theories of the wheels being carelessly curbed and adverse reaction form the Eagle One Chrome Wheel cleaner that has been used.

For sales and service in Orange County CA I would reccomend Tustin Toyota. They have great affordable service both times I visted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You recommend Tustin Toyota - :clap: :lol: haha ... what a joke.

:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown Tustin Toyota :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown is the last place I would recommend.

We have an 04 Sequoia limited and have used them for regular service.... nothing too much... anyway last year just before the 36,000 mile warranty was to expire we took it in for some service and to fix the most annoying squeaking rattling in the moon roof.

My wife picked up the car and didn't notice on the work order the service technician wrote.... customer needs to empty trunk before I test drive to find the sound in the moon roof. The Service manager never pointed that out to her when she picked it up..... i.e. what was written on the work order. The squeak/rattling is very loud and annoying by the way, it didn't need "to empty trunk" to hear the noise. The service technician was too lazy... perhaps it didn't work within a job that would give him extra bonus hours...who knows.

So anyway in typical fashion.... the dealers have their survey they send you and ask you to whore yourself so they can get a great rating with Toyota. (I don't mind whoring myself if the service is good). So I quickly did the online survey, being fair where there was good service but obviously highlighting this issue. I got a quick call from some young girl in their dealership offering to get to the bottom of this and fix it, but nothing more, no more follow up.

The result, I passed the 36k warranty and I've got a squeaky roof that annoys the hell out of me and evey time I hear it squeak I think of how lazy the service technician was, how inept the Service manager was in not pointing out the writing on the work order and 1) going back to the lazy service technician, 2) advising my wife of the note. Also every time I hear the squeak I think of how my survey wasn't glowing with top marks so they basically ignored me, and how the one phone call from the girl didn't follow through. Yes I've come to like the squeak as it reminds me of the complete service break down at Tustin Toyota and will always guide me of where not to spend my money.... on service.... no new vehicle purchases.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts