Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

Registered
YES! I noticed that too and I still haven't figured it out. I have the AWD logos on my Limited, so I thought maybe that was it, but then someone saw a Limited without AWD badges (note the body colored rear spoiler and Limited wheels on the red Venza, but no AWD badges on the doors, but the grey limited does). The only difference is the red Limited had Stargaze and the other does not.

Someone said they add the badges at the port (point of entry in the US), so maybe they just aren't all following the instructions? But even the glamor shots on Toyota website don't always show the AWD badges... so maybe the Port prep is adding them by mistake?

Registered
2021 Venza Limited
Discussion Starter #4
My Limited doesn't have them (no Star Gaze), here's a Limited with Star Gaze that doesn't have them.

Registered
2021 Venza Limited
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

Registered
They're apparently an accessory, part # PT413-48210-00, if so it should be listed on the monroney sticker if they were port added.
Where'd you find the parts list for 2021 Venza? I see the part you posted, but I can't find any 2021 venza (or venza hybrid) parts on that site (or any other dealer site).
--Thanks

Registered
2021 Venza Limited
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Where'd you find the parts list for 2021 Venza? I see the part you posted, but I can't find any 2021 venza (or venza hybrid) parts on that site (or any other dealer site).
--Thanks
Use the Fred Anderson Toyota link, enter year/model/etc, then choose exterior, they list the "activity mount" in Trailering! They're a good source to find accessory part numbers.

Registered
06 Taco, 2010, 2021 Venza
I agree....thats an area where you dont want to have something glued to your paint to make it even harder to keep clean. Hope they leave them off of mine too.

Registered
2021 Venza Limited
Discussion Starter #12
It's listed as an accessory, see post #5.

Registered
Probably a $1,000 dealer add on 馃
LOL, I noticed it too when I started watching all the YT videos. The lack of AWD emblems on the rear doors maintains the clean clutter free appearance. Here鈥檚 my take on the AWD aspect- when it was reported that the Venza had 鈥淎WD on demand鈥, that caught my attention right off! I have always been concerned with the way AWD systems were designed and not having the ability to turn it off when not really needed. Parasitic losses, lower mpg#鈥檚, more added weight and another potential part that could require service and add to the overall cost of ownership. It sounds great initially but it鈥檚 a drag on performance, pun intended. When the 2020 Camry was announced as having an optional AWD system, but only on the I4 version, not on the V6, that made me smile, the Corporate honchos and Engineers were concerned about 300+ HP being applied to it and rightly so, they would likely have warranty issues in due time. The additional weight of the V6 + AWD combined would not be good for performance. Lighter weight materials are the norm so reliability comes into question. Strong but light is a delicate balance for auto manufacturers to deal with.
This hybrid Venza with 3 electric motors, one in the back to supply the on demand traction, is a nice get, I had my first use of this design in a recent snow event and I was quite impressed how it behaved. Seeing the TFT display of the wheels in action while slipping and gaining traction when the motor activated was comforting, all virtually seamless in its performance. While on the virtues of electric motors with our hybrids, I鈥檓 also delighted to know that when we decelerate and want to apply the brakes the two front motors activate taking some of the stress off of braking from the pads/rotors, giving us increased service life to those parts. Another bonus for H-Venza.
My I4 2018 Camry XSE with 44.3K miles after 2 yrs and 10 months needed tires and brakes when I turned it in. To me this was shocking, maybe the OEM tires are not high mileage quality and the brake pads/rotors aren鈥檛 heavy duty, it鈥檚 a sporty sedan, but compromised, hence the TRD being offered.
So to sum up, the lack of an AWD emblem is fine by me, it鈥檚 not AWD full time, but on demand only, almost like bragging about something you will use seldom.
To buy them will set you back about $33. or so apiece, meh, more nickel and diming. Pass.

Registered
2021 Venxa XLE, Blueprint with Black Softex imterior
We picked up our Blueprint XLE a week ago and it didn't have them, I would have taken off, so I'm happy.

Registered
2021 Venza Limited
Discussion Starter #18
I can read...
But, I'm sure there is a good reason why they are included on some and not on others.
When you figure it out, come back and let us know. I've checked every YT Venza HV video since July, the few that have had them were on all colors and trims, not on any particular region, my guess is it's up to the dealer since it's an accessory part.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts