Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A few sites began reporting this about an hour ago. It looks like it will be available only for the i4, but may be available across the line (as in, you don't need to purchase a certain package with unrelated add ons to obtain it)

Pretty cool. Although I hope they come out with a V6 version soon.

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE
82 Posts
Toyota just made a press release that there will be a Camry AWD option starting Spring 2020. And it also includes heated steering wheel!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Why doesn't Toyota stop deeking around and just offer a Camry V6 TRD AWD XSE...I'd drop $40K on something like that. Right now if you want V6, you can't have AWD. If you want AWD, you can't have V6. If you want TRD, you can't have XSE. If you want XSE V6, you can't have TRD, etc, etc, etc. Lame.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Why doesn't Toyota stop deeking around and just offer a Camry V6 TRD AWD XSE...I'd drop $40K on something like that. Right now if you want V6, you can't have AWD. If you want AWD, you can't have V6. If you want TRD, you can't have XSE. If you want XSE V6, you can't have TRD, etc, etc, etc. Lame.
Most people won't spend $40K on a Camry, and Toyota would rather sell you an Avalon or Lexus at that price.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
1,893 Posts
Apparently its going to be the same transmission as the rav4 awd?

Most people will buy a 4cyl than a V6. So introducing it to the 4cyl first and hopefully for the V6 later is a good move. It's all about business and money and 4cyl awd will make more money than the V6.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Most people will buy a 4cyl than a V6. So introducing it to the 4cyl first and hopefully for the V6 later is a good move. It's all about business and money and 4cyl awd will make more money than the V6.
The dealer I bought my Camry from (MA) said they only sell one V6 for every 10-15 I4s, so it definitely makes sense to offer this with the I4.

·
BeerSteakTxas
2012 Camry LE
10,507 Posts
Apparently its going to be the same transmission as the rav4 awd?

Not only that. The Camry's AWD is borrowed from the Rav4. Adapting it to the V6 would require extra expenses and considering the V6 sales that doesn't make any sense, at least yet. In 2021 Toyota would introduce AWD Avalon and AWD V6 Camry.

·
straight cash homie
19,032 Posts
Some of these people likely want the extra grip provided by an all-wheel-drive system without having to buy an SUV such as the RAV4 or the Highlander. For these people, two of the company’s sedans are getting an all-paw system, although sadly it won’t be called All-Trac as it was the case with the all-wheel-drive Camry sold from 1988 until 1991.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
5,545 Posts
I am very interested in an AWD Camry but at the same time... AWD just means more maintenance and for things to go wrong... As always, you will get more traction but you ain't stopping quicker either.

·
BeerSteakTxas
2012 Camry LE
10,507 Posts
With such low clearance and cramped interior an awd Camry is not an alternative for a roomier awd RAV or High. More dry and wet traction? Yes. Better "all road" and snowy weather capabilities? Nope, unless Toyota would raise the awd Camry for at least a few inches.

·
straight cash homie
19,032 Posts
With such low clearance and cramped interior an awd Camry is not an alternative for a roomier awd RAV or High. More dry and wet traction? Yes. Better "all road" and snowy weather capabilities? Nope, unless Toyota would raise the awd Camry for at least a few inches.
IDK, I think with them having much control over Subaru, perhaps the Legacy sedan days will be numbered. It seems that whatever Toyota didn't offer, Subaru did. An AWD Camry would like sell more than the Legacy sedan these days.

·
straight cash homie
19,032 Posts
I am very interested in an AWD Camry but at the same time... AWD just means more maintenance and for things to go wrong... As always, you will get more traction but you ain't stopping quicker either.
That's why people have 'toys' and daily drivers 🏎

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,426 Posts
Toyoya RAV4 shares the same engine and has AWD option. I dont see why not the camry cant have AWD option.
Because dealers are selling around 4-5 Rav4s for every Camry that gets sold these days.

Well, this was a surprise as I never expected Toyota to offer AWD for the Camry and the Avalon. Makes you wonder, "Why now?"

·
BeerSteakTxas
2012 Camry LE
10,507 Posts
Because dealers are selling around 4-5 Rav4s for every Camry that gets sold these days.

Well, this was a surprise as I never expected Toyota to offer AWD for the Camry and the Avalon. Makes you wonder, "Why now?"
They just trying to boost the Camry sales. That's it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You speak the truth brother. I couldn't agree more.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts