Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I need some help with guys who have experienced with performances and AWD conversion on Toyota sedan cars only. Right now, I own a E130 Corolla with 1ZZ-FE motor. I plan to swap out the 1ZZ for the 3S-GTE and plan to add AWD system. I have been poring all over the Internet about AWD Corolla. Ive seen an actual AWD built out of a Manufacturing plant. For an instance: Russian Corolla have those, I found that the fact is has either 99% exact same or 100% same body structure. I even know that Japanese does have Corolla AWD that are similar design as mine. So, I figured that there are a chance for me to create project for my Kiyomi to be converted. The reason why im doing this because I wanted to do something different that people would turn heads, not only that, I like to have something that is different from others. Other reason is, the weather in my state is pretty much dangerous, it has black ice most of the winter time even slush and heavy snow in opposed to light fluffy snow. last year, we had 450 car accidents in one night based on the heavy snowfall of the month in the past several years. Anyways, long story short, I just want my Kiyomi to be a performance car and as well as winter performance thus AWD so I can have best of the both worlds. I have found a guy that posted a Youtube video showing him tuning on a Dyno in his Corolla with AWD conversion doing a 900 horsepower 3S-GTE. I would love to have guys that can tell me what I need to do this and that. I will be understanding as long as everyone just be positive and help me create my dream come true.

I don't need anyone to tell me I need to buy Subaru STI, in fact, that is one of the list I plan to add in my garage alongside my Kiyomi. I am such in a way of Japanese cars loyalist. I know a lot things about JDM, but Corolla is something that not a lot people talking about excluding AE86 and MK3 and 4s. Lets make this interesting.

Thanks! looking forward to discuss this.

·
Registered
329 Posts
During the time '05 Corolla was built, AWD Matrix was also built. I suspect that the underbody was fairly similar, so I'd suggest you look at the 1st gen AWD Matrix for ideas on how-to :geek:

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
5,944 Posts
Your best bet is to try to source the AWD system from an alltrac Corolla wagon.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
5,944 Posts
During the time '05 Corolla was built, AWD Matrix was also built. I suspect that the underbody was fairly similar, so I'd suggest you look at the 1st gen AWD Matrix for ideas on how-to :geek:
That AWD system wasn't designed for hp.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
5,479 Posts
Buy an Evo.

Watch an episode of Roadkill or Dirt Every Day or another similar show or Youtube Channel and look at what they can do and what they can get. If you can do what they do and get what they can get, then you can do it. If you expect things to just "fit", then you are only living a pipe dream.

·
Registered
329 Posts
That AWD system wasn't designed for hp.
My comment was on the body structure. The Matrix AWD 1ZZ PWT was def not designed for high HP or any performance whatsoever. I drove one, and it is borderline dangerously under-powered :p

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
5,944 Posts
I think the Corolla alltrac would fit with little to no fab.

My comment was on the body structure. The Matrix AWD 1ZZ PWT was def not designed for high HP or any performance whatsoever. I drove one, and it is borderline dangerously under-powered :p
Yeah, I was wondering why the AWD came with a rating of 125 hp from the factory. But then again, it's not full time AWD.

Don't get your panties wet. Lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the Corolla alltrac would fit with little to no fab.

Yeah, I was wondering why the AWD came with a rating of 125 hp from the factory. But then again, it's not full time AWD.

Don't get your panties wet. Lol.
Alright, I’ll check it out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts