Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get Pms everyday about this and if there will be a kit coming out.

how many ppl would be willing to lay down the money to convert their 3G or 4G into either AWD or RWD?

Mind you its not gonna come cheap, but it wont be where its breaking your wallet either

·
Super Lurker
260 Posts
I would be totally down for either, willing to commit up to 2-3G's.

-xtychx

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
xtychx said:
I would be totally down for either, willing to commit up to 2-3G's.

-xtychx
That's a bit short of what it will cost bro. Conversions aren't cheap. That's the price of a turbo kit. This is a full driver-train and differential we're talking about. Along with new engine mounts.

It's going to cost you more than that.

·
Super Lurker
260 Posts
I didn't say it would cost that. I said that is what I would commit. I'm well aware of the price of full drivetrain conversions. The idea is that if he can get enough of us to commit, he could possibly drive the price down to something semi reasonable, in the range I ascertained as "not breaking the bank". Perhaps I am wrong, but most people on this forum can barely afford an intake, let alone a drivetrain conversion, so I thought my price range was within reason.

-xtychx

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
if i get a diy i could get this done on my own in a year and a half (about the time i'm going to have my own place while at college) but from everything i can see from the frame wouldnt you have to cut the cross bar near the firewall for the tranny? so even if you did make a kit you still have to take it to a shop to get that part redone right?

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wont need a test car.... sorry....lol,

still have the specs on everything

Edit: if we go with a different design, them maybe, but right now this is to test the waters

·
Layd Customs
94 Yota 2WD
419 Posts
:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Damnit this Sucks:mad: I'm about to move to Europe and now there coming out with a conversation kit:mad: This sucks balls

If I were keeping my Cam I'd most def be in:thumbup:

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Come on people, let's keep this on topic. Who would be willing to schell out the major cash it will cost. You would also need to pay labor fees and re-route your exhaust.

Who would seriously buy it? Not just would like to buy it. Would buy it.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
the conversion would be a killer setup!
after money starts comeing in form my shop and not going out,
i'm doing a RWD setup,and buy the way people 3-4Gs for the swap is a good buy,just try and do one on your own for the same
amount!
sportivo concepts is the SHIT:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
UfoZ8myCow said:
Id put down the money to go RWD... But I want LSD! Dorifto Camry!
S13 + LSD + SR20= $5000 with a ton of aftermarket support

RWD Conversion = $5000+ with NO aftermarket support.

Pick the right one. :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
dude, i also think you'd have to reregister your car with the dept. stating that it's no longer fwd if you plan on making you car legal...idk the laws exactly, but that's what i heard one guy tell me who tried to convert his ride...i don't think spending the money would be worth it personally, but that's me...buy yourself another car and get it over with...

what platform do you plan on using to get the rwd from btw, if you don't mind me asking

·
Mr. A. Wong
634 Posts
^ the next sentence isn't for you.

> don't rock the boat. or you'll fall in and won't get out. :disappoin

Anyway, my FWD hasn't had any problems in snow, unlike rwd drive cars that get stuck. So, I prob. wouldn't spend the $

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
warlock said:
...buy the way people 3-4Gs for the swap is a good buy,just try and do one on your own for the same
amount!
sportivo concepts is the SHIT:thumbup: :thumbup:

Who said anything about $3k-$4k? That's a dream price bro.

When Will said "3G and 4G" he meant 3rd Generation and 4th Generation Camry.

Yukio... *clapping* Thank you for being the first person to think with in reason of a price for a RWD conversion :)

Allen: A kit could be ready for release in a shorter time than you think. It all depends on the support for it.

·
God Machine
Camry
526 Posts
Can we see actual pictures/video of your RWD Camry, SportivoConcepts ?

Not that I don't believe.. but.. I don't believe :D

·
Mr. A. Wong
634 Posts
^ I agree, i'd like to see a video of a RWD camry. doing a burnout.

on a side note, thumbs high :thumbup: for the ignore list :)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts