Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Camry XLE
1,461 Posts
I JUST BOUGHT USED CAMRY 2007 AT CARMAX 3 MONTHS AGO AND NOW MY AXEL HAS OIL LEAKING AND EXHAUST IS PHYSICAL DAMAGED TOO. WHAT COULD I DO NOW ? THE AUTO BODY WANT TO CHARGE ME 4300 USD FOR REPARING (!?) I CANT BELIEVE THAT :headbang:
PLZ HELP ME !!!
A half shaft costs less than replacing a CV boot (<$90.00 ea from NAPA re-manufactured) They are not that hard to change.... A local garage can do it. I did it on two different vehicles in less than 1 &1/2 hours each, for both sides.

What type of damage to the exhaust system is there?
How much warranty did you have, when purchased?
It sounds like they are replacing the complete exhaust system and maybe only the half shaft boots.....

More details would be very helpful.

·
Registered
2011 Camry XLE
1,461 Posts
Now that I have more details, it is the drivers duty to prevent accidents/damage.....

If the parts are OEM, they might be in line (cost). Check with the supporting venders on this site, for pricing.....

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,702 Posts
I JUST BOUGHT USED CAMRY 2007 AT CARMAX 3 MONTHS AGO AND NOW MY AXEL HAS OIL LEAKING AND EXHAUST IS PHYSICAL DAMAGED TOO. WHAT COULD I DO NOW ? THE AUTO BODY WANT TO CHARGE ME 4300 USD FOR REPARING (!?) I CANT BELIEVE THAT :headbang:
PLZ HELP ME !!!
Please, take your keyboard off caps lock as it's the internet equivalent of shouting. Forum rules also require that you not use caps lock. Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now that I have more details, it is the drivers duty to prevent accidents/damage.....

If the parts are OEM, they might be in line (cost). Check with the supporting venders on this site, for pricing.....
I was not driving at that time, my friend did cause i was so tired just out from work at midnight. SHe tried to slow down instantly when see that terrible thing but i really have no idea why it appears on the freeway.

Just only my pipe exhaust was damaged but idk why they want to replace the whole thing "front pipe "
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...HAUST-Dynomax_18380366-P_N3536_A|GRP2023A____

Post actual pics later. thks for helping me!

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
You need to have someone who knows what they are doing take a look at your car and offer some suggestions. There never was any oil in the half axles, so if it stopped leaking oil, perhaps that is a good thing, but if the boots were broken, and it was throwing grease, and that has now stopped, it is just a matter of miles before the whole thing fails. Good luck with that. As for the exhaust, the picture is crap and shows nothing, so again, get someone local to you to take a look and offer a suggestion, and from here out, drive it as if it had some value to you.

·
Cruisin' along
2019 Camry LE
858 Posts
My axel now stop leaking oil (that's great idk why), but the exhause pipe as u can see is horrible physical damage, why i run low speed there is strange noise from there. Should i replace new one or leave it like that! plz help me cause i dont have much money :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
as far as the axle not leaking any more this makes perfect sense as now all the oil is gone and soon enough, you will lose your axle.........as for the exhaust pipe, you are probably hearing a whistling or hissing sound. have a garage, preferably a muffler shop weld up the big dent and seams in the pipe and be done with it...........this is all that happens (and more) when you let someone else drive your car at high speeds...........and have an accident.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts