Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 834 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Toyota Camry LE
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just joined the site the other day. http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3205038

I finally got some photos up, so I thought that I would create a thread.

Here are some pictures right after I picked her up.

We got her cleaned up a bit since then (about 45 minutes later :lol:)

Like I said in my introduction thread, my grandparents gave me this car. They owned this as well as a '97 Camry Sedan, and they never drove this one. My "Play-toy" is a 2007 Ford F-150

I love my truck with a passion, but the Camry's MPG is soooo much better. I can't leave things alone, so I have some plans for the Camry.

(Here's a link to my build-up thread of the truck over on F150online.com if anyone's interested: http://www.f150online.com/forums/ap...t-updates-i-thought-id-share.html#post3753528)

As you guys can see the car needs some visual work, but mechanically it couldn't be any better. They kept perfect records, every oil change, tire rotation, everytime they got gas! It's ridiculous! Here's a picture of that..

If anyone has any thoughts, ideas or suggestions feel free to let me know!

·
Registered
1996 Toyota Camry LE
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
dude...would u sell the spare tire cover? $$??
To be honest, unless I build a sub box or something back there I probably wouldn't. If I found a third row seat though, then maybe we could work something out.

i think were going to have to make a separate forum for wagons:lol:. nice pick up man, after a repair of that paint in the front shell look pretty good.:thumbsup:.
Yeah, I've been thinking about that. While the front is the most obvious, the paint has issues spread out all over. I'd like to do as much work myself, as to keep the cost down but also to learn. On my truck, if I'm not 100% how to do something, I haven't done it. That's part of the reason that the Camry excites me - I can play a little more than normal.

It's doubtful that I'll have access to a paint booth and sprayer, but I've been thinking that I could do all the bondo & priming and then take it in just for the paint.

Does anyone have any experience on starting a project like this?
Oh, when I debaged it I noticed that the emblems are pin-aligned. Now I have these awesome holes in my tailgate... :facepalm: So that would get thrown in on this project as well.

·
Registered
1996 Toyota Camry LE
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have a 3rd row seat. i need the tire cover to the right of the 3rd row...not under the carpet
Hmm... Not that I can necessarily help you out with what you need, but I'm just curious what that looks like. Do you have any pictures?

Sweet Wagon! Cant wait to see what you do to it.
Thanks! Like I've said I've got some plans. About a week after I got my F-150 I had an Alpine CDE-9870 installed. It's a great headunit so I didn't want to get rid of it, but a single din radio in a double-din slot drives me crazy! So that's going to be my first "major" mod seeing as it's sitting on my desk!

Here's it in the F-150:

Here's it and the Kenwood that is currently in my truck:

And the Kenwood installed in the F-150:

Off topic, sorry about that...

Other than the radio, I'm looking at
  • Moulded Mud Flaps
  • PIAA Silicone Wiper Blades (I have them on the truck, and I don't think I could drive a car without 'em!)
  • Offset Front Plate braket
  • Paint (duh)
  • Gloss Black on the B and C pillars
  • Tint, but I'm not sure on percentage. I used to sell it, and stare at it all the time, yet I can't make up my mind... :lol: I'm thinking 35% all the way around, smoked fishbowl style! Or 20% all the way. I have the 35/20 combo on the truck I wish it was darker sometimes...
  • Candy Red Tails
  • Buff the headlights clear (I haven't really found any aftermarket one's for the 95-96, but I'm open to suggustions...)
  • Texture Rub Strips
That's probaly close to it for now. Eventully I want to drop it and maybe some BBS gold mesh or somthing :D, but I'm going to have to start with the small stuff on this one.

Animated Zombie. Nice!
Thanks! Yeah, I've had this user name on a couple fourms since 06 or so.
I can't remember where excatly it came from, but it makes me happy so what the hell.

The Burgundy would look good if you repainted the front part and tinted the windows
I guess I got ahead of myself in responding to this. But once again, any thoughts on tint shading? I think that I might do some photochops and put them up here.

mines a V6!!:nana:lol. but even w/ the paint on ur front bumper...urs looks 100% better than mine:facepalm: ...*i hate hail storms*
Hey man, if I had the V6 I'd be all over that Lexus Valve cover. Hella dope. If your car has super bad hail damage, you should do what my old boss did to his Civic. When he got it, the body was super rough, so he had the whole car painted with bed liner. It just looked Matte black from a distance, but once you got about 10 feet away you could see the texture. :D

But seriously, I don't care how bad the body is on yours, if you've got the 3rd row seating that's awesome! I'm jealous!

So kind of off topic, but I wanted to share this with the forum anyway.

I was driving home tonight, and I was taking the back roads from work to the house. (I work about 45minutes away from where I work, so there's plenty of drive time). I've fond some really curvy roads and so I thought I'd experiment with the car a bit; just getting to know the handling.
Maybe it's just because my point of reference is a full size truck; but this car handles great! I shifted coming out of the apex at about 35mph and the car threw me back in the seat, I thought I felt the rear wheel skip a bit. It's a lot more nimble than I was expecting.
:clap:

·
Registered
1996 Toyota Camry LE
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^^ 3rd row seat is nice to have. and i will get pics up. u want pics of the inside of the hatch right?...(3rd row)

I meant just the part that you need (or lack there of) so I can keep my eyes out for it. But sure, take a picture of that too. It's probably a good idea for me to see the whole area.

·
Wagon Crew
Camry SWAGGER WAGON
1,515 Posts
sorry for the crappy cellphone quality

sooooo dirty. lol need to steam clean

here is where it goes

i need a new spare too...lol this was the origial. i put it on one day and five min. later.......CHUNKS of tread were flying off:facepalm:

this is w/ the seats down. i REALLY need to try to steamclean it.

·
Registered
1996 Toyota Camry LE
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry for the crappy cellphone quality

sooooo dirty. lol need to steam clean

here is where it goes

i need a new spare too...lol this was the origial. i put it on one day and five min. later.......CHUNKS of tread were flying off:facepalm:

this is w/ the seats down. i REALLY need to try to steamclean it.

I'm not seeing any pictures. Were you trying to post some?

·
Registered
1996 Toyota Camry LE
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay, idea update...

(First off mad props to cycledom for enlightening me on similarity in bolt pattern! Go check out his 4th gen if you haven't it's dope)

You guys may already know this, but it's news to me and I'm excited.

Crown Vic's also ride on 5x114 :D

I wanted to save up for some BBS wheels, but this car is on a budget.
So...

I need to find a set of these:

I'm thinking of painting the center gold, that should go well with burgundy don't you think?

Also, while I'm in idea mode, anyone have a clue how hard it is to get your hands on Holden Apollo stuff?

I'm loving the Apollo Grille, see pic:

I Love the bumper too, but shipping on that would probably suck...

Okay, off to Craig's List!

·
Registered
1996 Toyota Camry LE
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I've been playing around with some photo chops, and here's what I came with...

This plus window tint, candied tails and a S2000 Antenna

Thoughts?

·
vL
92 Toyota Camry
849 Posts
nice wagon. i see those wheels at pick n pull all the time. as to seeing the PS, im thinking about picking a set up now. =) Do yours have the 3rd row seat? cause from what i remember, wagons without the roof rack have no 3rd row seat.

1 - 20 of 834 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.