Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Street Taco Vendor
99 2WD std. cab Taco
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This kit has everything needed for doing the upper and lower ball joint flip on 95.5-04 Tacomas. It's all Grade 8, uses Top-Loc nuts, is correct length, (and also has four small o.d. 1/2" washers to be used as spacers between lower b/j bracket and lower control arm next to t/c rod, these are optional, some people don't use them, however, all kits come with them.) I can even send instructions on how to do the flip and home alignment through PM's. The reason for this kit is, alot of people don't live near a specialty bolt store, or have little or no access to grade 8 hardware. This kit takes all the thinking out of it. PM Beefed Taco, or e-mail me at [email protected] for details. Thanks.

·
trd04taco
2004 Tacoma 4WD TRD
476 Posts
Great info! I'm assuming this kit is for lowering a 2wd Tacoma. Can you go into a little detail about what exactly the ball joint flip does and how it works as I'm sure many of us 4wd owners are a little unfamiliar.

·
Street Taco Vendor
99 2WD std. cab Taco
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Great info! I'm assuming this kit is for lowering a 2wd Tacoma. Can you go into a little detail about what exactly the ball joint flip does and how it works as I'm sure many of us 4wd owners are a little unfamiliar.
Hi, thanks for asking. You are correct, this bolt kit is for lowering 95.5-04 2WD 5-lugs approximately 3" in front by performing the "ball joint flip". There are no drop spindles available for these trucks. There is however 1 item called the "spindle relocater". It's a replacement bracket for the lower b/j. (this item costs about $135.00 and is not necessary, it's basically the same as the "b/j flip", however, you only get about 2" with it, and it's alot more money than a kit of bolts, *which you'll need anyways*)The lower ball joint bracket is bolted to the lower section of the control arm. By removing (pounding out)the factory studs, relocating the b/j bracket onto the upper area on the arm you will get about a 3" drop. Then some 2" coils while things are already apart and the front is sitting pretty! Attached are 3 pictures to help you get an idea. Keep in mind that these pictures are NOT my install, or my bolt kit. My bolts have no left over threads and use different nuts.These are the only current pics I could find. Also attached is a pic of the "spindle relocater" that some people ask about from time to time. Hope this helped to "paint a picture".

·
trd04taco
2004 Tacoma 4WD TRD
476 Posts
Cool man! Thanks for the explanation. This is why I love the forums, I learn new things every day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys been trying to order ball joint flip kit and cant seem to get on streettacos website is there any other website I can order from?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts