Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
My car's name is Kerolla!
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Corolla drivers! Ive been having this problem for a while and now its really starting to bug me. When I arm my car or use the power locks both back doors won't lock. They only move slightly. I have to manually push them down myself. This is a problem that gets worse when it is cold outside. What could be causing this and how can it be fixed?

·
Registered
93 toyota corolla
635 Posts
possible causes are the actuators that lock/unlock the doors when you arm/unlock the car they may need changing or they can be repaired.

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Camry V6 XLE
1,246 Posts
Quick fix is to use it manually.

Maybe you can open up the door panel and see if it's dirty or anything, give it a quick clean or lube and give it a try.

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Camry V6 XLE
1,246 Posts

·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys I got it. I greased up the parts real good. Everything seems to be working now, we will see in in next couple of days how it fairs. It tends to get worse when its cold.

·
Registered
93 toyota corolla
635 Posts
thats great bro, these cars are getting older as the years go by so after 17 years out of the factory i guess some parts may need servicing or changing for that matter.

·
TN User
36 Posts
How are your locks coming? I've noticed that mine are acting up the same way. What did you grease up?

·
Registered
93 corolla
75 Posts
mine is having similar issues will try the cleaning and lubing trick to c if it comes in handy, also recently had to buy a new window switch(40 $ bucks from toyota) a turn signal and wiper switch complete with hub assembly (176 $ bucks from toyota and a factory battery tie down from toyota (20 $ bucks) factory parts arent cheap but I have learned one thing dont skimp on electrical part and important seals and such, some things the money is worth spending. Plus I work at a yota dealership so might as well

·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What I did was take off the door panels, and that exposed some of the locking mechanism. The rest is covered but your spray can still reach it. I greased everything. Its been good since.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts