Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
still chuggin' along
1981 Corolla SR5
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so its been a LONG time since I even visit this forum, and I wanted to come back and see what's up and share some pics. I feel so lost just looking at how this site looks now :confused:

anyway, my main ride used to be this little 1981 Toyota Corolla SR-5. It is currently being upgraded a bit more.
1981 Toyota Corolla SR-5
Heavily modified, custom engine rebuild
Custom cut camshaft, and forged internals.
Bored out from a 1.8L engine to a ridiculous estimated 2.1 or 2.2
Started as a single weber set-up, until we finally landed another and the manifold.
And she makes people insist it cant be a 4-banger under the hood :cool:

Currently: in shop, doing work on setting up the dual webers and completely new fuel delivery (pump, regulator, lines)
Plans: once fuel system is done, body work and re-painting is planned.

My newest addition to the family is my current daily driver.
1989 Toyota Corolla SR-5
4A-F
Bone stock, but all factory options (ex. power doors/windows, but dont know if that was offered)

Currently: driving daily
Plans: After other projects finished, converting this to a 20V and converting everything about this car to be like a GT-S model of the same year (fresh suspension, install rear disc brakes, etc.). I used to drive a AE92 GT-S. absolutely loved that car.

and I love old Toyota keys

And now for my personal favorite and the project I have spent the most time on... (it's not a Toyota but ol school guys will appreciate it). It started as a project between me and my father, I was 16 when he first got this car bone stock and in need of rebuild. I have become owner of it, and he is going to stay with the TE72.
1989 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
Rebuilt 13BT Engine, mild rebuild.
Stock Turbo Size rebuilt and opened up.
Racing Beat full stainless steel racing exhaust
Racing Beat fuel-cut controller
Racing Beat Spark Plug Wires
Racing Beat Springs Set
Tokico Struts
K&N Air Filter
Blitz Blow-Off Valve and Turbo Timer.
Koyo Aluminum Radiator with a big electric fan sitting on it :)

Currently: Used to be daily driver but put back to weekend drive status. Buying new wheels and tires for it in two weeks!
Plans: Wheels/Tires, Front Mount Intercooler, Body work/Paint

And I got to give credit where credit is due
Thanks to my friends
TandemGraphix (who feature an FC on their sticker for me :) thanks)
PR Style Racing, best little shop run by my good friend
Limit3d Slip, my good friends who always there to help me out.

Comments/opinions are very welcome !

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Awesome bro. The SR-5 and the FC are clean. I have always loved those old rx-7 fc´s. Cars look great bro keep up the good work ;)

·
still chuggin' along
1981 Corolla SR5
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
once I get everything done on the 3TC engine I'll need to post a video.
That little sucker sounds MEAN

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,736 Posts
Damn, one of my favorite RX-7s.....a FC with a 13B. Very nice.

·
still chuggin' along
1981 Corolla SR5
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so... On Sunday night, like at 10pm. I was home with my RX7 parked neatly in front of my home. An old lady in a cadillac by... and side swiped the heck out of the passenger side.
She damaged the front fender, the passenger door, and the rear quarterpanel. But she did not damage my wheels, she didn't even touch them (thankfully, so no suspension problems or bent arms).

However her insurance is trying to claim my car is a total loss and offering me the option of keeping my car and only getting $1700. I'm going tomorrow to fight with them and show them the value of my vehicle far exceeds the around $2k they are saying it is. Hell, even Kelley Blue Book says a stock turbo II values at 3k... and thats not counting all the extras in it. If they really think the price to fix the body out-values the car value, they are just stupid... Gonna fight them tooth and nail on this one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts