Toyota Nation Forum banner

1021 - 1039 of 1039 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Congrats on finding your phone hd! Shocked no one stole it beforehand. Beautiful places there!

·
Premium Member
34,668 Posts
It says 7 miles but that is not accurate. I trust my Garmin it has 2 satellite receivers and predictive software if it loses signal. I always leave it set to high accuracy and it's always been spot on. My calibrated feet also backed up the garmin. At the marked 3.5 miles it lost over a quarter mile as very shortly later it had a marker for 4 miles. It's a new well defined trail with no user made cutoffs etc. I never left the trail. It continued to build on its inaccuracy to the point that is was .38 miles off by the end. Counting my walk to and from the car parked up top I went 7.38 miles so the loop was 6.62 miles. If they are going to err it's good to err short I suppose.
Except for when the people doing the trail are not fit enough to perform the loop, or else not equipped withe enough water. I agree on inaccuracies, I've seen trails off by more than two miles on a seven or eight mile loop, and leaves you wondering in the age of GPS what dipshit gauged the mileage!

Beautiful area! Definitely worth hiking while in the area. :)

·
7,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,023
I of course hydrate well before hand and usually have to take a leak at least once in the first couple miles no matter how much I sweat. That hike I brought enough for 15 miles and still had to slow down due to the rate of sweating I was doing in the first couple miles when I was half jogging it. Just soaked to the skin and I wouldn't be able to replace it before I cramped up if I maintained that pace. I ended up going shirtless and it helped quite a bit once I let myself cool off enough to quit sweating. I managed to go back to jogging a bit in the shade.

·
7,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,027
Today I was able to mark something off my list I have wanted to do for years. I rode 21 miles on the Katy trail. It was muddy and squishy due to all the rain but still a nice ride. Cool and cloudy is much better with all the humidity right next to the Missouri River. Lewis and Clack camped at a spot right by the trail so that was interesting as well.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Today I was able to mark something off my list I have wanted to do for years. I rode 21 miles on the Katy trail. It was muddy and squishy due to all the rain but still a nice ride. Cool and cloudy is much better with all the humidity right next to the Missouri River. Lewis and Clack camped at a spot right by the trail so that was interesting as well. View attachment 281946 View attachment 281947 View attachment 281948
Looks like the water is up in the river. Beautiful country though.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Rivers have gone way down here too and they were right under the bridges sometimes over onto the roads shutting them down in the recent flooding. Peaceful looking place there hd.

·
7,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,033
The Missouri river was ROLLING. No way I would venture put on it even in a power boat.nit would slam you right into whatever it wanted and their wouldn't be a thing you could do about it.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Sounds like you have a great dad from everything you've said over the years. Be glad for every day you have with him. Lost mine when I was a young kid so I never got to have an adult conversation with him. I'll see him again on the other side never being separated from him again where we'll get to catch up on all that was lost here so is just a temporary loss in comparison to eternity I'll have to spend with him thanks to God and Jesus.

Yet another evil hate filled anti PC post of mine that will trigger some who read it but I will not be intimidated into keeping my beliefs silent. It will likely cost me but so be it. Hundreds of thousands of Americans have died for me to have freedom, the right to speak my beliefs, and the right to own guns to protect myself and my family even from our govt and other govts if need be where I will not waste all those sacrificed American lives by staying silent when any govt or leftist fascist disagrees with it.

·
7,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,036
So I've gotten In short walks in the woods lately nothing really spectacular. Yesterday was a nature conservancy swamp walk. Today I made it someplace I've wanted to see for a few years now
The Toltec Indian mounds South of Little Rock.

Toltec Mounds Archeological State Park
490 Toltec Mounds Rd, Scott, AR 72142
(501) 961-9442

Attachments

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
So I've gotten In short walks in the woods lately nothing really spectacular. Yesterday was a nature conservancy swamp walk. Today I made it someplace I've wanted to see for a few years now
The Toltec Indian mounds South of Little Rock.

Toltec Mounds Archeological State Park
490 Toltec Mounds Rd, Scott, AR 72142
(501) 961-9442

View attachment 284110
I'm glad you told me what it was, as looking at the picture I first thought it was a golf course.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts

1021 - 1039 of 1039 Posts