Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Tacoma, but I am working on my brother-in-law's 2013 Tacoma 5-speed stick. Anyone have a wiring diagram for the backup camera? I assume 6 volts comes from some type of transmission reverse gear switch or a transformer after the switch.

·
Reg(cab) Guy
2 Posts
My 2013 Tacoma regular cab with manual, of course, came without any of the upgrades. I did notice that when I added my camera on the back gate handle that the wiring runs up into the rear view mirror area. I've been wondering if you can just tap into those wires and run to the head unit? I have the standard radio that's not the upgraded JBL obviously, but I'm not sure if it can take that kind of information and apply it to its operating system. I know that in 2014 the radio changed and the backup camera was directed there, but I think it also had a different power level that doesn't work with the 2013's. If anyone knows I would like to add that question to this thread. Thanks ToyotaBuff for starting it. I'll be very interested in discovering what you learn.

·
Registered
197 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts