Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week, I had new hubs and bearings pressed onto both front steering knuckles on my '92 Corolla. Within a couple of miles of putting everything back together, the driver's side brake rotor started rubbing (pulsing) on the inner brake pad and caliper bracket. So much so that the rim was HOT to the touch by the time I got back from test driving the repair.

I took off the wheel and reattached the lug nuts and the rotor has a slight wobble to it. Just so I could make the car driveable, I made a spacer from a couple of washers, but the rotor still scrapes on the bracket when I step on the brakes. When I drive faster than 60 MPH, I get some very noticeable vibration. These problems did not exist before the bearing replacement.

I initially tried replacing the rotor, thinking it might have been warped, but that only made the problem worse.

Is it possible that the bearing and/or hub could have been pressed on crooked? If so, can I have another shop re-install the bearing and seals or will I have to buy replacements?

·
Guitars and Cars
2001 Corolla S
3,350 Posts
If this problem was not there before you had the car worked on, then I would take it straight back to the place that worked on it.
I would say it is possible that it has something to do with the work they did.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got a suggestion from a professional mechanic that the bearing might not have been fully installed, causing a spacing problem. Looks like I'll be taking the assembly off and heading back to the shop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts