Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SIGtastic!!!
07 Tacoma Quad cab
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to take a look at it again, but my drivers side(murphys law) wiper blade is leaving two big streaks with simple rain water, no real problem, just annoying when your obsessive compulsive :lol:

Anyone replace the factory wiper blades for something better? Suggestions?
I am in the NE, so I have to deal with Snow quite a bit.

Today, the gold deal at Amazon has a buy-one get one free sale on Valeo 900 blades. $18 (just add about $7 to get free shipping).

Anyone use these?

Think they are worth the money?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Walmart ANCOs work perfectly well for 2 years or so, and only cost about $4 for the entire assembly. Not everything on the truck needs to be "modded"...

·
let's kick this pig.
2006 Taco
381 Posts
The factory replacement blades are cheap and seem to work just fine.

·
Premium Member
Was a 05 Tacoma 4x4 DC LB
14,160 Posts
If you're tired of the snow freezing the wipers, then switch to one designed for the snow. Most will recommend the Bosch Icons. I went to get some and found Anco made the same type of single piece wiper for a few dollars less (Anco Contour). They worked well all winter.

·
SIGtastic!!!
07 Tacoma Quad cab
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input.

Moose, that is my biggest complaint. The snow and ice freezing on drives me nuts.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Green option

I was always suprised that even though it is the rubber that wears out on wiper blades, they replace verything including the metal frame. So I go to the dealer and just buy the replacement rubber inserts. Saves money and metal, and is easy to install.

·
Premium Member
14,160 Posts
I should also add that our dealership now carries the single-formed wipers for snow too. They're in plastic packages from Toyota. Don't know how they compare price-wise to those in the stores though.

·
so what
179 Posts
?
Today, the gold deal at Amazon has a buy-one get one free sale on Valeo 900 blades. $18 (just add about $7 to get free shipping).

Anyone use these?

Think they are worth the money?

Im about to pick up a pair also. Does anyone know if the sizes are accurate? Sizes are listed at 21" & 22". I purchase some Trico wiper inserts from Kragen and went w/ 20.5" and 21.5".

Valeo 900 blades

***udpate 5/11/09: just put these baby on today. very EZ and no noise compared to stocks. No streak marks also.

·
Premium Member
14,160 Posts
The sizes are correct:

Driver's side: 22 inch
Passenger side: 21 inch

·
SIGtastic!!!
07 Tacoma Quad cab
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just ordered a set as well. You can select free shipping as discount does not show till you go to check out.

$19.35 shipped.

I called my mother as she had just bought new blades, she said the Anco at walmart were $6.99 a pop, I figure for $5 more, I'll try these out.

I looked at the blades again, the fin is seperated from the insert section, so its dragged behind the blade causing the streak, looks like the passenger side did the same thing ...

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
Best wiper blades hands down are the Rain X Latitude! Amazing in rain! :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts