Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, I went to get my oil changed at VA tire and auto. When I got home I inspected the car. The trim has gaps on the right side of the car. The bottom rocker panel and the passenger side front quarter panel is where I notice it.Did they jackup/lift the car improperly?

Here are the pics of the left side of the car vs the right side (where the damage was done). There is no visible damage done to the paint of the car so nothing from the outside could have caused this.

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
It kinda looks like someone tried to force the door closed while something was in the way at the hinge side.

Edit: just noticed the bottom. Are there any scuffs or scratches on the bottom of that rocker panel or nearby?

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,249 Posts
Are there any damages on the underside of the car? Probably put the floor jack in the wrong spot or put he jack stands in the wrong spot. Dropped the car, the kickstands not being in the right spot can probably make that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It kinda looks like someone tried to force the door closed while something was in the way at the hinge side.

Edit: just noticed the bottom. Are there any scuffs or scratches on the bottom of that rocker panel or nearby?
No scratches on the blue rocker panel itself. No scuffs on any of the paint. Im guessing he lifted the car up and it wasnt aligned on the car's frame/support. Its going to be hard to prove though. I think an insurance adjuster might be able to tell what causes damage like this. Theres no indication of direct damage done to anything you see on the paint.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,249 Posts

On the side towards the front wheel, look at the where the jack stand should be placed. Is it bent? Or anything looks smashed?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Went to the Toyota dealer for my 1st "free" oil change. The tire guy gouged one on my wheel spokes. Not terrible but hey it's a brand new car. Showed the service writer and he called the service manger over. Could tell he was a little pissed .Said "order a new one." Had it in 2 days. The service writer showed me the invoice and it was over $600. Not their cost for sure bit a $$ screwup. Hope the tire gut didn't get in too much trouble. Anyway a small local lube place probably would not have owned up to it. The Dealership owned it no questions asked. Good luck to the op getting the damage paid for

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
this makes me want to just take my car to dealership for everything
I don't know why you think a dealer could not make that mistake, unless they have a special oil change line where the car is not jacked up (the car is driven over a pit where they can access underneath without jacking up the car.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Went to the Toyota dealer for my 1st "free" oil change. The tire guy gouged one on my wheel spokes. Not terrible but hey it's a brand new car. Showed the service writer and he called the service manger over. Could tell he was a little pissed .Said "order a new one." Had it in 2 days. The service writer showed me the invoice and it was over $600. Not their cost for sure bit a $$ screwup. Hope the tire gut didn't get in too much trouble. Anyway a small local lube place probably would not have owned up to it. The Dealership owned it no questions asked. Good luck to the op getting the damage paid for
I don't think all dealers would own up to it, one reason being they might suspect that the damage existed before you brought the car in.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't think all dealers would own up to it, one reason being they might suspect that the damage existed before you brought the car in.
Whenever i bring my car in for service, they always take pictures all around the car, so hopefully if they do screw up they can look back at the photos

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
BOBfromNJ
2019 Camry XSE
32 Posts
Whenever i bring my car in for service, they always take pictures all around the car, so hopefully if they do screw up they can look back at the photos

That's great that they do that. My dealer goes over the whole car in my presence and writes down any damage. I then sign it that it is accurate. I guess that's what you need to do these days.

·
Registered
187 Posts

That’s a great idea! As for me i’m going to just continue doing what I’ve done for 40 years and do it myself.
Couple years ago my daughter took her new Rav in for a free oil change and they broke the license plate cover washing it and did a shitty job the boot. Nothing more than a lame sorry.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My dealer used to do a walk around w/me to note any damage. They have since went high tech. Where you drive thru the overhead door there is a steel post on either side of the door way. On each post is 2 HD cameras mounted. One about a foot off the ground and one about 4 feet. Also an over head camera. As you drive thru it is motion activated and records your vehicle end to end. I talked to the service about it.. When I claimed my wheel (see post # 11 above) was not damaged when I brought it in he said "I know, we checked the video". Probable saves them some false claims.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Long story short, I went to get my oil changed at VA tire and auto. When I got home I inspected the car. The trim has gaps on the right side of the car. The bottom rocker panel and the passenger side front quarter panel is where I notice it.Did they jackup/lift the car improperly?

Here are the pics of the left side of the car vs the right side (where the damage was done). There is no visible damage done to the paint of the car so nothing from the outside could have caused this.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts