Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks like they bumped the front of the car on another car, wall or. Any how my dad bumped a car in a parking lot that did the same thing to his car, he barely tapped it and it left no marks on either car. Just enough to tweak the fender at the door. I just carefully pushed the side of the fender here and there and wa la.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't know why you think a dealer could not make that mistake, unless they have a special oil change line where the car is not jacked up (the car is driven over a pit where they can access underneath without jacking up the car.
They do have a pit at all Toyota dealerships. They drive it over the pit and change the oil but they have some sort of rig that lifts the tires slightly off the ground to rotate the tires.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Long story short, I went to get my oil changed at VA tire and auto. When I got home I inspected the car. The trim has gaps on the right side of the car. The bottom rocker panel and the passenger side front quarter panel is where I notice it.Did they jackup/lift the car improperly?

Here are the pics of the left side of the car vs the right side (where the damage was done). There is no visible damage done to the paint of the car so nothing from the outside could have caused this.
I had enough of that crap years ago. Stripped drain plugs, loose drainplugs, loose filters, overtightened lugs, broken center caps etc. I know as a fact walmart, jiffy lube and the rest are hiring kids to do the monkey work. I suggest you do the minor stuff yourself. As for your car, it looks like some bonehead probably lowered your car on the lift and set it down on a tire or dolly.

·
Registered
110 Posts
They do have a pit at all Toyota dealerships. They drive it over the pit and change the oil but they have some sort of rig that lifts the tires slightly off the ground to rotate the tires.
All Toyota dealerships DO NOT have a "pit". Where you get that from I've no idea. Your local Jiffy/Spiffy/Quickie oil change place may have a "pit" but Toyota dealerships do not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't think all dealers would own up to it, one reason being they might suspect that the damage existed before you brought the car in.
The car stealerships lie to the customers so much they think some of the customers are like them......

·
Registered
6 Posts
All Toyota dealerships DO NOT have a "pit". Where you get that from I've no idea. Your local Jiffy/Spiffy/Quickie oil change place may have a "pit" but Toyota dealerships do not.
[/QUOT Whatever. No need to argue with you. Maybe your dealer is one of the few that don't. I've never seen one that does not have a pit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine has a pit and I've never seen one that does not. Maybe your dealer does not but it would be one of the few that does not. It must be over 50 years old to not have a separate oil change area with at least one pit. My dealer has two pits.

·
Registered
269 Posts
OP - was hoping these tools fixed their broken process but I had 2 events happen to 2 of my cars with these ass clowns. I will NEVER use them again for anything.

Fortunately I witnessed the first incident which was some oil change jockey trying to reset oil light and failed so some 300lb idiot rushes over with keys dangling on belt jumps into car cuz he was pissed he had to take time away from his work and gouges leather and door panel. They fixed these.

Second incident and was stupid to go back but thought they deserved second chance. They had some apprentice in charge of lifting my 80 series land cruiser needless to say the douche had no clue and no guidance from foreman and used the standing seam to lift the truck, its a full frame truck. It bent 4 areas of the seam plus running boards. I noticed in parking lot and immediately demanded store manager, they immediately went on defensive saying came in that way, I disagreed. They fortunately record all vehicles coming into shop and tape shows they were WRONG, it was straight 100%. Well they paid for repair and were pretty quick about it as well.

Needless to say I will never go back not even for free air. I have been on a mission to educate folks about their incompetence. Hope this gets resolved in your favor, too bad you didnt raise before leaving the lot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Long story short, I went to get my oil changed at VA tire and auto. When I got home I inspected the car. The trim has gaps on the right side of the car. The bottom rocker panel and the passenger side front quarter panel is where I notice it.Did they jackup/lift the car improperly?

Here are the pics of the left side of the car vs the right side (where the damage was done). There is no visible damage done to the paint of the car so nothing from the outside could have caused this.
Sad, just remember, the person working on your car at a "quickie lube place" was serving your big mac yesterday. Their skill/experience requirements are sorely lacking- and I don't want people gaining job experience on my vehicles.

·
straight cash homie
19,532 Posts
Sad, just remember, the person working on your car at a "quickie lube place" was serving your big mac yesterday. Their skill/experience requirements are sorely lacking- and I don't want people gaining job experience on my vehicles.
Uh, Toyota dealers have techs that are 'trainies' too. They are usually the ones doing the oil lube stuff too, but they're usually in school training on Toyota vehicles and what not. (T-TEN program)

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Mine has a pit and I've never seen one that does not. Maybe your dealer does not but it would be one of the few that does not. It must be over 50 years old to not have a separate oil change area with at least one pit. My dealer has two pits.
I don't think a dealership has to be 50 years old to not have a oil change pit or a separate line for oil changes.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Uh, Toyota dealers have techs that are 'trainies' too. They are usually the ones doing the oil lube stuff too, but they're usually in school training on Toyota vehicles and what not. (T-TEN program)
Not only are some dealership employees trainees, some don't speak or read English. I once taped two stickers on both sides the engine oil fill cap that both said to use the oil provided by owner located in the trunk. The service writer wrote the same instructions on the work order. Whoever did the oil change used their regular non-synthetic oil from the bulk container (this was before Toyota started using synthetic motor oil). After I got the car and complained (I could see they didn't use my oil in my trunk), the service writer was trying to talk to the tech in Spanish.

·
straight cash homie
19,532 Posts
Not only are some dealership employees trainees, some don't speak or read English. I once taped two stickers on both sides the engine oil fill cap that both said to use the oil provided by owner located in the trunk. The service writer wrote the same instructions on the work order. Whoever did the oil change used their regular non-synthetic oil from the bulk container (this was before Toyota started using synthetic motor oil). After I got the car and complained (I could see they didn't use my oil in my trunk), the service writer was trying to talk to the tech in Spanish.
The largest Toyota dealer, half the workforce there speaks Spanish. But then it is a very diverse dealer, since they speak almost every language there. But when I worked there for the summer, Spanish helps to speak to the guys that worked in the wash rack.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
OP - was hoping these tools fixed their broken process but I had 2 events happen to 2 of my cars with these ass clowns. I will NEVER use them again for anything.

Fortunately I witnessed the first incident which was some oil change jockey trying to reset oil light and failed so some 300lb idiot rushes over with keys dangling on belt jumps into car cuz he was pissed he had to take time away from his work and gouges leather and door panel. They fixed these.

Second incident and was stupid to go back but thought they deserved second chance. They had some apprentice in charge of lifting my 80 series land cruiser needless to say the douche had no clue and no guidance from foreman and used the standing seam to lift the truck, its a full frame truck. It bent 4 areas of the seam plus running boards. I noticed in parking lot and immediately demanded store manager, they immediately went on defensive saying came in that way, I disagreed. They fortunately record all vehicles coming into shop and tape shows they were WRONG, it was straight 100%. Well they paid for repair and were pretty quick about it as well.

Needless to say I will never go back not even for free air. I have been on a mission to educate folks about their incompetence. Hope this gets resolved in your favor, too bad you didnt raise before leaving the lot.

Was this at VA tire and auto?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts