Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone well I just joined up yesturday and I was just wondering how to improve my fuel costs....?

I currently drive a 90 corolla wagon, all-wheel drive and it has 357,457 KM on it. I know that is alot of klicks, but it is serving me well as a winter beater. My other conscern is, which I think is directly linked to my poor fuel econ, is that if I mat on it when going up a hill or when Iam below about 2000-2800 rpms it stumbles really bad, so I need to know what it could be?!

I think it may be my fuel filter, but I have not changed this because every time I look at buying one they want an abnormally large amount of money for one...humm..anyways, if any one could help it would be appreciated

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Have you done a tune up on it yet?? spark plugs, cap and rotor, wires??? this could help.

·
Registered
08Versa, 97 Corolla
35 Posts
I was getting bad fuel mileage. Like 200kms to a tank bad. Turns out my gas tank was leaking.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
ominus.. change the fuel filter and see what that does. Do you get a gas smell at all?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I don't get a gas smell at all...and the only reason I haven't changed the gas filter is because for a new one they want like 90 bucks...and frankly...my yoda just isn't worth that much to me...lol..although I will probably end up doing it any ways...

Is there any other fuel filters that will work with a wagon!? perhaps one cheaper then 90 bucks..?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts