Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all. I'm brand new here so I apologize in advance for any ignorance on my part. I've run into some bad luck lately and well here's the story with what I did to my 94 Camry. I live in Seattle and it's been cold lately. My car had been sitting out for about 3 weeks and when I went to turn it on it only clicked. So I got my friends car and hooked up some jumper cables to them. Only because I didn't double check my connections I ended up putting them in serial circuit and frying my electrical system. My question is how much goes wrong in a 94 Camry when something like this happens? I could smell a burnt smell in the cabin of the car. How much stuff am I going to have to replace for this mistake? Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
96 Camry V6 LE
565 Posts
does the car still start by correctly jump starting it? If not the main fuse on the engine compartment i think its an 80 amp but not sure. If not then that burnt smell is probably your cars computer that went kfc. The conmputer should be right behing the glove box.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the Alt 100A fuse in Junction Box 2 is definitely blown. I have no power at all throughout the car. I haven't tried to jumpstart it again though becuase smoke came out of the battery when I first screwed up. It was smoking at the connection with the jumper cable. Should I go get a new battery before I try to start it up again?

·
Dude Wheres My Car?
01 Camry
163 Posts
You have to change the main fuse in the panel in the engine bay. It is definetly blown. Then check the rest. The car should be ok after you check all the fuses.

·
Registered
96 Camry V6 LE
565 Posts
I don't think that there are any fusible links on this car. If it looks like the battery is toast then if you want to replace it, but otherwise i think its o.k. to use it still. Replace the blown fuse and check all the others if you havent. Go ahead and try to jump start it again, don't be scared nothing should happen but the engine running like its suppose to. or just go ahead and put a battery that is already charged.

·
Dude Wheres My Car?
01 Camry
163 Posts
Cars are designed for this to happen. It happens alot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts