Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
CamRY GirL Md
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. . well i was going back to work from my lunch break today and all of a sudden my car started to act really wierd. . turns out my tranny is basically gone! its slipping so bad and its hardly catching through gears. . :( man i was in tears!! anways i think ill have a new one in by the end of this week. . i got one for 400 USD. thats pretty good. . so i feel a little better, but it still sucks!!!

·
CamRY GirL Md
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys. . . well i really would love to do the swap right now. . but im having a hard time just getting this $400 tranny. . so i dont think it be such a good i dea. . i need to save up. but i think it should be here tomarrow. . so i think tomarrow night the new tranny will go in. . it's wierd though . . . my car goes through all the gears just can't catch it seems. . and when it does it does the same thing all over again through every gear. . wierd. . . today is not a good day:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

·
Grenaded piston
6,614 Posts
Sorry to hear about your tranny.

Auto trannies are evil. My buddie learned the hard way, not once but twice.

First time: Engine blew, bought a used engine and swapped it in using the original tranny. Dumbass didn't install the torque converter correctly and fried the tranny.

Second time: Bought a used tranny from TAP Recycling. Swapped the tranny and the differential went out about a month later.

Took the tranny back to TAP Recycling and got another one under warranty. Good thing TAP is only 25 mins away.

Sold the car to a friend and as far as I know its running fine.

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
Zoni_Camry said:
this is an oportunity for a tranny swap... when my engine blew last year, i decided to take it as an opportunity to do an engine swap. :)
i was jus bout ready to say that..since ur auto is gone jus swap for a manual:thumbup:

·
Grenaded piston
6,614 Posts
Camry92LE said:
don't scare me now. .:(
I'm not trying to scare you.

My buddie is just a dumbass and didn't install things properly. :slap:

If the tranny is in good condition and its installed properly, you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Idon't brag I mostlyboast
MTA MetroCard
5,951 Posts
88 LE said:
I'm not trying to scare you.

My buddie is just a dumbass and didn't install things properly. :slap:

If the tranny is in good condition and its installed properly, you shouldn't have any problems.

Glad you said that cuz I was about to put TAP on my shitlist like Maita Toyota.

·
Grenaded piston
6,614 Posts
^ TAP is cool, they just charge to damn much for their parts. And some of their employes are dumbasses, I won't go into that.

Never went to Maita Toyota except to buy parts cos Florin Rd. Toyota didn't have em.

I avoid dealerships like the plague unless I need to buy parts from them. Its a good thing I know how to work on cars and engines. ;)

·
Why not?
226 Posts
hey guys,

is an auto tranny cooler really nessecary or is it a good thing to have?

how hard is it to install? Im thinking i should get one because i have an auto but i like to drive fast and i am always shifting through gears (automatically damnit)

·
Grenaded piston
6,614 Posts
LiLItalian said:
Its not necessary, but it is good to have.

The radiator already has a tranny cooler built into it, so you'd just be installing another one.

how hard is it to install?
You just mount it and hookup the hoses.

Its hooked up in series with the tranny cooler built into the radiator. You can either hook it up before or after the radiator.

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
LiLItalian said:
hey guys,

how hard is it to install? Im thinking i should get one because i have an auto but i like to drive fast and i am always shifting through gears (automatically damnit)
If you want more info than what 88LE already provided, do a keyword search using "cooler" posted by me in the hardcore section and you'll find a ton of info. We've covered this topic extensivley.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts