Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Str8 booming
99 camry Le
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes i do i have a gen 3 its a 92 v6 i got a horrible smell coming from outta nowhere that shit is horrible i rebuilt the engine at 185k it now has 215k and the smell has been goin on since 150k me and all my crazy ass mechanic friends cant find the problem and now i just thought bout it i was like let me post cuz them 6cyl pull i got it wit a chip upgrade i used it to get to places i didnt want to be heard or seen since i had jettas and civics b4 i got my 99 camry

·
Nitrous Ab(user) ......
94 Camry V6 XLE
158 Posts
99camrypimp said:
yes i do i have a gen 3 its a 92 v6 i got a horrible smell coming from outta nowhere that shit is horrible i rebuilt the engine at 185k it now has 215k and the smell has been goin on since 150k me and all my crazy ass mechanic friends cant find the problem and now i just thought bout it i was like let me post cuz them 6cyl pull i got it wit a chip upgrade i used it to get to places i didnt want to be heard or seen since i had jettas and civics b4 i got my 99 camry

Is that english?

·
Midship Captain
1991 MR2 Turbo
1,647 Posts
how dare u imply that you are ashamed of a Camry....and saying its because you had civic....thats just plain sad:disappoin

But anyway....could you describe the smell? I mean a car could have alot of smells.....Old milk, anti-freeze, oil burning, BO, Shitty smells what?

·
Str8 booming
99 camry Le
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i never said im ashamed of my camry its my pimp mobile i could just chill and pass cops and wave at them and yes i know if i take a 6cyl camry coupe stick and can rip a civics ass in pieces but the smell i cant describe it smells like crazy burnt oil the piston rings are fine , compression is right, oil is perfect but we cant find nothing wrong with it

·
Dealer Tech..not Toyota
540 Posts
...valve cover gaskets replaced? and the grommets for the spark plug holes?? look underneath the car for any leakage.

·
Watch for finger....
CAMRY
1,348 Posts
mine dose that every time i change my oil cause the damn oil filter is in the worst place possible but normally it goes away after like a day or 2... i'd think you might have a leak somewhere but if you have checked it all and you havnt found anything i dont know what to tell you.... try after you run the car up to operating temp. just stop somewhere and put it in park and pop the hood and see if there is smoke comming from anywhere... right after i change my oil and i do that there is always a big puff of smoke that comes out

·
deviate from the absolute
92 toyota camry
4,911 Posts
3vz oil leak.....near same miles as mine....check the back of the engine....your culprit is there amigo.....valve cover gasket possible, but not putting $ on it

·
Registered
680 Posts
99camrypimp said:
scdtrd said:
Is that english?
lemme try a shot at it and translate for you

*ahem*

i have a gen 3, 1992 v6 camry, its been having a horrible smell ever since 150,000 miles, its now got 215,000 miles on it and i re-built the engine at 185,000. My mechanic friends and i cant find out what the problem is, and i figure i'd post this up so you 6 cylinder camry owners could help me. I put in a chip upgrade on my car also, and i drive it to places where i dont want to be heard or seen because people would know who i am by the cars i drove (which were mainly jettas or civics)

:whatwhat: haha, yeah am i good at translating or what, lol:clap::naughty::lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.