Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TWO-VEE-ZED
98 Corolla Conquest
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I've been ramping up work on my Corolla lately, and the next port of call has been to eliminate the vibration which occurs at idle, once the revs drop down to normal, after the engine has reached operating temperature.
The mechanic who inspected the vehicle for a roadworthy when purchased mentioned an engine mount, but not which one. The yard was supposed to replace it but, yards being yards, they didn't.
Well, I replaced the forward mount, but the one that came out looked ok, and vibration was still there. So, today it was taken to a mechanic acquaintance of mine (Too big a job for me) to have the rear mount replaced. Old one had evidently sagged, but was still kind of ok. Still vibrating. Could the east-west mounts be worn so as to cause the vibrations? I'm a bit stumped here.

Thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
6,611 Posts
Vibration lessened after 2 mounts replaced? Might be front engine mount or the driver's side mount.

·
TWO-VEE-ZED
98 Corolla Conquest
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vibration lessened after 2 mounts replaced? Might be front engine mount or the driver's side mount.
I see. So this is more a case of trial and error then?
I was hoping not to have to change all of them, but....

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
6,611 Posts
Sorry it has to be that way.

Just idle the engine and start poking around the mounts. Just put your hand over the mount and feel the vibrations. You might not see the rear, but you'll feel it.

·
TWO-VEE-ZED
98 Corolla Conquest
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry it has to be that way.

Just idle the engine and start poking around the mounts. Just put your hand over the mount and feel the vibrations. You might not see the rear, but you'll feel it.
Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts