Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering, how in the world can u tell if a water pump needs to be replaced or not.........except the obvious when it really breaks, but can't it work but perform poorly?

Around what mileage should the fuel filter be changed on the corolla?

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Water pumps are one of those things about driving that.... you don't question them.. you just accept them. :rolleyes: So every 100,000km or so, you replace it along with your timing belt since they're located in the same spot. Or you can skip it and when your car starts to overheat you replace it and pay double the labor to do one job. :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
all you have to do is shut off the car once it starts over heating....and they are not too hard to replace yourself.

the time mine went out it would work a little bit and stop and work a little more and stop so it was pretty obvious it was the water pump. there about $30-$50.

dunno about the fuel filter probably 100k or something.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ghost said:
I was just wondering, how in the world can u tell if a water pump needs to be replaced or not.........except the obvious when it really breaks, but can't it work but perform poorly?

Around what mileage should the fuel filter be changed on the corolla?
Yes,.. it can work even if it's bad,.. but chances are the car will overheat,..etc..Well when the water pump starts to go bad...it'll make a sound similiar to maracas. Then it will start to leak,.etc...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts