Toyota Nation Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Camry XLE
1,643 Posts
The water pump on my 08 went out at 30,000 miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had the water pump replaced under my certified used warranty. 2008 Highlander with 46k miles. Dealer had to confirm with Toyota that the water pump was covered before acting on it.

The bill shows $231.00 labor and $218.22 parts. Breakdown on parts is $175.46 pump assembly (16100-09941) and $21.38 x 2 super long life c (00272-SLLC2). Labor is 2.10 hours at $110.00 per hour. Toyota picked up all but my deductible.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I dropped our 2008 HL of first thing yesterday morning for a WP replacement with it at just under 150k. Service tech showed no record of it being done before, which probably means it was the original one since it was a rental company until the warranty ran out, Toyota Certified, and I've had it since 44k.

The darned thing sounded worse than a diesel, but there wasn't any leaking I could find. The bell housing on the pulley was clanking/wobbling around so much I figured it only had a few miles left before the bearings gave out completely and impeller bit into the engine block, siezed up the punp, and snapped the belt.

It was weird too, because it basically died in less than a month. Maybe three weeks ago I thought I heard a tinny rattle when I hit the gas, and thought maybe it was some sort of heat shield on the catalytic converter or something. Never heard it again. On Thursday, I was driving it and asked my wife (her car) how long it was making the noise that I heard again. She couldn't hear it. By Saturday, she was complaining.

Quote was for right around $900, after I told him to do a full coolant flush too since it had 150k.

They are going to replace the spiral cable too while they have it. It should be ready later today. Fingers crossed.

All in all, I'm not in total shock, but yeah long gone are the days when all you had to do was pop off the belt, swap it out with four bolts, and be on your way.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Actually... Toyota just called, and it's ready to be picked up. It came in a little less on labor, and he said it's $806.14 total.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts