Toyota Nation Forum banner

bagged gen 3?

4K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Stylus_gen3cam 
#1 ·
sorry n advance if this is a repost!
anyone have a bagged camry?? what exactly does it take? where do you get the stuff? How much would it cost? whats the best stuff to use??

Just fill me in on what i need to know!

#9 ·
Whenever you introduce something as intrusive as an air suspension system to a vehicle that wasn't designed for it, you're gonna run into problems sooner or later. Things like leaky lines, blown bags, rusty fittings, seized compressor...you name it, it'll prolly happen when you least expect it.

Didn't old Lincolns have bags from the factory?

#11 ·
My dad had a 1987 Lincoln Mark VII LSC back in the day that was a honey to drive but it was equipped with 4-wheel airbag suspension, valved to work like a progressive-rate spring setup (hard cornering= initial softness followed by slot-car like firmness). Alas, not only did the solenoid that controlled the bags failed, but so did both front bags- that was 240 alone- and when he sold it the rear bags were fucked b/c it sat way too high. Not cheap to work on, or easy.

Steve

#12 ·
my ride is nice and i use it for everyday, i say the ride is better than using lowering springs i have the perfect drop and ride is smooth, also when i encounter a bump or speedbump i just pop my switch and lift up my car 4-6inches up and aviod damaging my car. also i have a show car setup too, chrome tank, chrome compressor and chrome vavles, and your looking to spend more than 2grand if you want good stuff, stuff that wont damage overtime. and as for leaks and bags bursting it all depends on what you buy and who installs it, everying i have is top of line, parker valves, viarr chrome compressor , firestone 5gal chrome tank, and 4 firestone Airstorke airbags on monroe sturts. and the shop that install them did a great job, you have to do your researche in your area to see who's good engough to install them , if your in florida you should go where i went. if you pictures email me at stylusboi@aol.com or you want to know more just ask me, aight
peaceout
oh yeah meeting in florida in oct go to the forum and look for florida and nearby
stylus

#19 ·
cylinders are juat as reliable as bags. its all on how you use/abuse and install them.
you can blow the o rings out of them just as easy as blowing a bag with too much PSI. from everything i have heard from people with cylinders, if you like your teeth you wont like them. the ride is very harsh and doesnt have very much travel in it when aired up. but cylinders are cheaper, they wont rub, and you can do more with them. i.e. 3 wheel and suck up a tire but then you need more valves. and probably a custom install.

but if you install the bags right or have it done at a good shop then the bags wont rub and they will last a long time. i know people that have the same bags in there cars and trucks for over 4 years now with no problems. also if its done right the ride from bags is very comfortable and will feel like normal suspention even though your 2 inches from the ground. if you get the air struts from like airbagit.com then get the adjustable ones so that way if a bag does blow you can raise the car up and still drive it it get fixed.

#20 ·
pictures of the actual air install?

Does anyone have pictures of the actual install of the air bag system? I would love to see how they are mounted into the car, and what the strut/bag system looks like up in the wheel well.

--Wintermute

#21 ·
ill take pics of my air suspension system and air cyc are not better than bags, im using firestone Airstorke bags these bags are good and chances of me blowing any of them are really really slim, these are not bags you can buy in those tuner magz, dont buy does, now that would really give you problems. and air cyc will most likely leak than a bag. if you do buy anything make sure its install right, and always get top of line dont go cheap, such as good bags and get parker valves and viarr compressor and so on. i use my bags everyday its been maybe half a year already with no problems. i check my system too every time i get chance also when they install the airline hose into the suspension (bag or cyc) make sure its not some plug and lock type of hose those are bad. any who
thats engough i guesss
peaceout
styluskidd
alex g

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.