Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the same question for the Baja Built/Manufactured Tacomas:

In your opinion, has fit and finish, performance and durability been as expected?
Are you having any problems, such as paint, as compared with the Cali built?

I have a Baja Built Tacoma, built 4/05, and had no issues or concerns at all with my Taco. I have about 8400 miles and relatively pleased with the milage, I'm enjoying the ride, handling, looks and other aspects of this midsized truck after owning a GMC Sierra, extended cab, long bed, big V8 and Ford 150.

What's your opinion and experience?

·
Registered
05 Tacoma DC TRD #1
323 Posts
Mine was made in Baja California, Mehico. Made 7/05 and bought 7/17/05. 1.5 days after I got it, check engine light came. Turned out it was some freaking defective sensor stuck in the exhaust manifold. They couldn't remove it so they had to replace sensor and manifold. The stealership took a week to get parts and fix. Also the alignment was quite off right out of the box. So that took another Saturday to get "straightened" out. Other than that, fit and finish was too be expected and no more problems; Knock on wood with fingers crossed. BTW, I've got ~6500 miles

·
Registered
324 Posts
basshead760 said:
Mine was made in Baja California, Mehico. Made 7/05 and bought 7/17/05. 1.5 days after I got it, check engine light came. Turned out it was some freaking defective sensor stuck in the exhaust manifold. They couldn't remove it so they had to replace sensor and manifold. The stealership took a week to get parts and fix. Also the alignment was quite off right out of the box. So that took another Saturday to get "straightened" out. Other than that, fit and finish was too be expected and no more problems; Knock on wood with fingers crossed. BTW, I've got ~6500 miles
I don't think most people have any problems with the ones in Mexico, but to conmfort myself, I made sure mine was made in U.S

·
Registered
05 Tacoma DC TRD #1
323 Posts
I'm sorry if I was implying that because my taco was made in mexico, it sucks. I wasn't. Just telling my situation.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I cant see there being much difference between being built in mexico or the US. They would both have the same specs to follow.

·
Registered
05 TACOMA
44 Posts
The only complaint i have is the wind noise, but it's not only the ones made in mexico. It's probably the windshield gasket with the channel and lip it has.

·
Registered
2006 DC LB SPORT
67 Posts
Specs are specs, but there is absolutely a difference when people are concerned. LOTS of threads to read about this. Mine seems to be quite nice, built down south.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine has a build date of 09/05. the only problem I had with it was a slight alignment problem. Other than that fit and finish is great and the ride is the best of any truck I have had. I am very pleased with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts