Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it well worth calling them? I want to get a something what a new car out of them because my 92 Toyota Camry is getting mocked by my friends who they own a 2003 Celica GT-S. 2001 Mazda Protege 5, and 1993 Celica. The repairs on this camry is getting ridicous and out of hand? The reason I want to get rid of this car is because there aren't any aftermarket parts for my car and I went to HIN in Chicago, didn't even see any Camry, but I did see a corrola and a Solora.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
yo. this is what everyone is going to say. a camry is a challenge to modify. everyone needs to be custom. But hey your probaly running a better engine then a 93 celica or the same 5s-fe.

Go hit up the camry meet we are going to have near the streets of woodfield. You will nice camrys that makes you wanna mod your car.

i know how you feel. i deal with people mocking me when i say i have a camry but camrys can get up and go if you put some time same with all the cars.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to agree with my friends. Its an old farts car, not for someone thats 19. Thats into customizing a car that a old guy drives.

Is it worth it to call the Bargain Network for the hell of it to see what they offer?

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
Camryfanatic said:
I have to agree with my friends. Its an old farts car, not for someone thats 19. Thats into customizing a car that a old guy drives.
You got peer pressured.

Who cares about what your friends think, it's your car at the end.

But do whatever you want. I've done crap load of things in my Camry that most people don't do in their cars and I'm happy with it. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not. Its a 92, it has 142110 miles on it. I just had the Doughnut replace between the header and the downpipe to fix the exhuast leak. And now it came back. Its ready to be traded in or be up for sale pretty soon.

·
searchin'
389 Posts
i can understand your frustration at repair/costs of maintaining an older car, i have one too, but i'm with Ekam on this one, do what you like, and don't listen to what others think about your car...or else you might have to change your username ;)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
i understand that you want to replace it due to problems with the car but replacing it because you getting made fun of isn't.

i'm 18 with a 96 camry same body style as yours. i just got this car too. i've been very happy with it. beat some cars, got whooped by most but hey my car is bone stock and i only spent 5,000$ for it compare that to a 18,000 03 celica.

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just get a civic get a JC whitney mag. drop 10,000$ on it do no customizeing. no brain power no nothing. i mean with a camry you know once you modify it chances of another car being the same as you are very low. but say you get a civic and put a body kit, your just going to be excately like 100 other cars.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
well, if you have no money, then go get civic to modify
full kit + paintjob = 1000 :hammer:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LETS SEE YOU HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY QUESTION!

Should I call bargain network for the hell of it? And has anyone done it before?

·
Registered
57 Posts
The bargain network is like a used car buyer tool. They bid on used cars themselves/find potential buyers for you.
You wont get what you're looking for out of it because they only quote wholesale prices, obviously because they want to SELL the car for what you want them to BUY it for.
I'm on my 2nd 3rd gen camry and I probably will never consider leaving this brand. Its been soooo good to me, i have over 230,000km's on my current one, and it couldn't be better. All I did was slap some nice rims on her and throw in a system and you know something? I've never seen one that looks remotely close. I'd sooner spend a few G's bringing my car back up to perfect condition before I ever considered a new one

1 - 18 of 18 Posts