Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this stuff? I've read online and see all kinds of opinions. It works, it doesn't work. Use it, don't use it. It'll clog the radiator and make things worse or it worked and the car is still running a year later.

My 23 year old Toyota is not getting a new head gasket so I'm thinking this stuff might be worth a try. I just want to make the car last as long as I can until I can get another car. There's no white exhaust and the oil looks normal so it's not a major leak yet but it is losing coolant. Car repair place diagnosed bad head gasket and they didn't try to talk me into getting it done, actually advised against it due to the car's age, so they really have no reason to lie. I'm really not up to replacing the gasket myself so this is something I thought might help.

This stuff you add to the radiator without draining the system and let the car run for 15 minutes. I've read you should actually let it run for an hour and that this will prevent the radiator from clogging.

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on this?

Thanks

·
noadvertisingplease.com
85 Corolla GTS
67 Posts
don't put in the whole package. just put in a bit, then go for a glorious drive.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brian. Yes, the can says to use only half for a 4-cylinder. Still not sure about this. Has anyone here ever used it, know anyone who's used it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
YOU NOT IN GOOD HANDS WHEN ADDING TO THE COOLING SYSTEM BAR'S PERMANENT HEAD GASKET FIX
Bar's spends good money on presentation, bottle design and printed the magic of this product, but the reality is totally different
You will spend money on it, but it will go further that, because of all the damages to your car (engine and cooling system parts clogged)
Working people, spent an average of 12 hours a day outside their home and having no time for anything and the next day the same thing
Driving on freeways and stop and go on the city.
Counting on the facts above, you have people like Bar's Products Inc in Michigan that preys on people, selling a product that mostly will damage your engine and cooling parts
They do that by posting fabricated reviews by unknown people that never, ever used the product, but many people doing that are working for Bar's or reselling the product online under different names or working at auto parts
A big number of that goes for sale on e-bay
So the whole picture on Bar's Products Inc is that they are making money and it doesn't matter how they do that, even by cheating consumers
They cost to repair my car after using Bar's is $ 3,500 on my Toyota Camry, including the engine

·
Registered
5 Posts
if you use Bar's Permanent Head Gasket (the doctor in a can) your car will be gone
If you can not afford a mechanic, leave the car in the way it is
At least your car still running, but after that it will not

·
TIEyota fighter ace
AE101, TE72
1,943 Posts
For anybody else who is in this situation, or the OP if they're still around, you'd want to confirm the head gasket diagnosis by examining the underside of the oil cap. Generally if coolant is being lost into the oil passages you get a frothy mess, kinda like chocolate milk. If you can't tell from that, pull off the rocker arm cover. This is a straightforward process and if you've got a coolant leak of sufficient quantity to be getting into the oil you will darn sure see it under there. It could also be a pinhole leak in the radiator after this many years.

Also, Magnet, please don't resurrect dead threads.

:deadhorse

Stop-leak products are in general a bandaid, it's better to fix the problem than the symptoms. That said, if you have to use bandaid fixes, keep your eye on the symptoms closely and be aware that this sort of thing can get expensive very quickly if it fails, does damage, or simply doesn't address the issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone tried this stuff? I've read online and see all kinds of opinions. It works, it doesn't work. Use it, don't use it. It'll clog the radiator and make things worse or it worked and the car is still running a year later.

My 23 year old Toyota is not getting a new head gasket so I'm thinking this stuff might be worth a try. I just want to make the car last as long as I can until I can get another car. There's no white exhaust and the oil looks normal so it's not a major leak yet but it is losing coolant. Car repair place diagnosed bad head gasket and they didn't try to talk me into getting it done, actually advised against it due to the car's age, so they really have no reason to lie. I'm really not up to replacing the gasket myself so this is something I thought might help.

This stuff you add to the radiator without draining the system and let the car run for 15 minutes. I've read you should actually let it run for an hour and that this will prevent the radiator from clogging.

Thanks
About Bar's head gasket fix and repair (found in the internet)
Perhaps this message will help you
The product and the magic ball available for a low price
DUPED BY BAR'S PRODUCTS INC ON NORTHSTAR ENGINE HEAD GASKET FIX REPAIR
Save your time and money, warning to consumers on defective product
I want to crack down on con artist like Bar’s Products Inc, Holly MI and its claims without evidence on Bar’s Permanent Head Gasket Fix that turned out to be *** that followed to costly repairs
It is like closing your eyes and writing prescription without having any knowledge on whom is going to be the patient
That’s apply to BAR’S PRODUCTS INC, Holly, Michigan 48442
BAR'S PERMANENT HEAD GASKET FIX THE SHORT AND EASY WAY TO DAMAGE YOUR ENGINE AND CLOG EVERYTHING BEYOND REPAIR - that people at Bar's keeps posting fakes and fabricated reviews all over the internet
The best thing to do is to bring your car to a good mechanic and do the repair
Bar's Products Inc selling Bar's Permanent Head Gasket fix, it is a ruse!
A mechanic in a bottle?
Perhaps may be available a doctor in a bottle?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bar's head gasket, keep away from using it, bad product

Thanks
Bar's head gasket a problem product to use in your car
YOU NOT IN GOOD HANDS WHEN ADDING TO THE COOLING SYSTEM BAR'S PERMANENT HEAD GASKET FIX
Bar's spends good money on presentation, bottle design and printed the magic of this product, but the reality is totally different
You will spend money on it, but it will go further that, because of all the damages to your car (engine and cooling system parts clogged)
Bar's Products Inc in Michigan preys on people, selling a product that mostly will damage your engine and cooling parts
They do that by posting fabricated reviews by unknown people that never, ever used the product, but many people doing that are working for Bar's or reselling the product online under different names or working at auto parts
A big number of that goes for sale on e-bay
So the whole picture on Bar's Products Inc is that they are making money and it doesn't matter how they do that, even by selling a defective product
They cost to repair my car after using Bar's is $ 3,500 on my Toyota Camry, including the engine :disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin

·
TIEyota fighter ace
AE101, TE72
1,943 Posts
Thread locked.

Toyotanation respects all members' views, and while we have our place as a community for information about Toyotas to be shared, that place is also not intended to function as a soapbox. Consumer advocacy organizations exist, and have their own specialized mandate and mission for those who feel that they have been wronged by a company or product. Similarly, local news thrives on these sorts of stories as well. A few comments regarding a bad experience I have no problem with...but when it turns into repeated copy-pasted rantings and screeds (in perhaps the least-read forum on TN? :D) when the OP is long-absent...and when the poster responds negatively to a polite backchannel request...then it's action time.

I'm leaving the content intact pour discourager les autres.

EDIT: Per Traildust, this thread is being moved to the Feedback forum from the 1969-1987 Corolla forum. As the feedback forum is where it belongs, I've reopened it. From my original comments, I have removed specific remarks and my previous request to avoid further negative feedback unless it's model-specific--the feedback forum is not model specific.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts