Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Toyota Taco 05'
695 Posts

Going to Barstow/Lucerne, CA on saturday......im inviting all the socal'ers to come out and have some desert fun....​

You dont need longtravel, but it would be good to have some replacement coilovers. If youre stock come out anyways, youll still be able to keep up.​

We're proabably gonna hit the race course..do some whoop sections..then stop at the infamous slash X cafe for some beer and food......

only a few have confirmed, but we should have a small little group going​

We're all very welcoming (sp?) so try to make it. We usually start in the morning and leave in the afternoon.​

PAST RUNS

·
Registered
Toyota Taco 05'
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Be prepared.....Race Drivers consider Barstow to be one of the roughest courses out there...we do get some slight carnage

ONEMNK

MENACECUSTOMS (steering column)

LITTLE JOHNNY (sliding)

(lost UCA nut, ergo: UCA bolt slipped out!!!!!)

HOERUNNER (RIPPED UP CARRIER BEARING)

·
Tacoma Enthusiast
230 Posts
I'd love to go on a little run like this but I highly doubt my stock truck would be able to hang out in Barstow. I used to go on runs all the time when my buddy has his LT Ranger and those whoop sections are no joke, quite a few trucks take a serious beating out there if they're not running an LT setup with a decent rear end to boot.

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
bump with an updated title as asked "(LOTS OF PICS)"

:thumbup:

·
Registered
2006 SCPrerunner BSP
798 Posts
I've always been able to hang with my stock truck out there. You can see my truck up there. It's the only black standard cab that's either 3 feet off the ground or the front tires stuffed in the fenders. Oh yeah, that's my steering column on the seat too. :lol: Don't be skeered, come try it out, it's a blast.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
wooww. looks like soo much fun. u guys r brave. i would never do that with my truck. i wouldnt be able too without seriously damaging something. i really like how there is such a broad range of different tacomas on this board. some people mod them for the dessert, others for street, and others for crawlin.

·
PS I'm a pussy
08, tacoma 4x4
369 Posts
I wanna come! I'll probably end up doin something stupid tho and you guys would have to put my truck back together for me!... I knew I should have gone with a better lift!

·
Registered
05 Taco PreR AC TRD
163 Posts
i think i might be able to make it out

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.