Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the advantage of purchasing the XR over the base Matrix?

Seems you can get most options with the base version.

·
Registered
8 Posts
same engine/chassis/suspension.

your interior cloth is different along with wheels, door handles, skirt package, and a bunch more.

you can get most of those options but i don't think you can upgrade the cloth and doorhandles which are unpainted plastic.

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
To make a base = to an Xr it basicly costs the same thing but with the XR you get a little better looking car due to the color coded body parts etc

Jeff

·
Registered
2012 Camry se
102 Posts
The base looks ugly. Go with the XR because it has more options. Better yet, get the XRS! I got the XR im happy with my purchase because I dont really need to speed.

·
non noob
15 Posts
hey i have a base karen...i feel so down now...y you gotta insult my base...waaaahhhh

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
soulassssns,

The black door handles and mirrors don't look so bad on your grey matrix, but I don't like them on lighter color cars.

Anyone know of a good aftermarket source for door handles and mirrors?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bah - I have a white base, and I like the way it looks, even down to the black mirrors :D

I'm not the biggest fan of the front and rear valances or the side rocker panels on the XR/XRS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
MatrixGrL562 said:
The base looks ugly. Go with the XR because it has more options. Better yet, get the XRS! I got the XR im happy with my purchase because I dont really need to speed.
:sosad:

·
Always on the Warpath--->
'03 Matrix XRS
1,220 Posts
the xrs is chill, i just got one 3 mos. ago. Indigo Ink Pearl, nice color but may do some custom colors. This is my "DAD" car, sporty yet roomy, i like my choice, i like it a lot. Threw in a S.R.I and strut bar, need exhaust now to free the flow, don't ya' know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts