Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys whats up. My first question is about my ground cable on my battery. I went to replace it the other day because its all old and nast and the bolt rounded off (seems like PO might have started it.. it didnt take much before it went). Does anybody know of another good point where I could attach the new cable to avoid having to deal with that bolt?

OK now for my second question. My exhaust is on its way out (ok.. its already there, lol). I was hoping to replace my 2 oe mufflers with a single universal fit/generic muffler (2.25" in/out most likely). I will still have the cat, but there is no resonator.

Does anybody know if a single muffler would quiet the car down enough? :confused:It doesnt have to be quiet as stock, but im cheap and dont want to be deaf. I dont care about power its only got like 90 anyway. :lol:

I was thinking i might want to add a resonator to help.. but again I'm cheap and don't want to spend the extra 50-70 dollars if I don't need to.

Also, has anyone ever seen an upturn (similar to the aircooled vw style) on a 6g rolla? I want to try one on my All-Trac Wagon:naughty:

Any suggestions are appreciated:D

·
Homer Lusk Collyer
AE92
1,144 Posts
The ground can be connected anywhere on the chassis. Just make sure it has good contact with metal. Why 2.25" for the muffler if the rest of the exhaust is going to be stock? Do you have any pictures of the existing setup? I'm not familiar with the two mufflers on an All-Trac.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well 2.25" is the smallest diameter that they sell at my farm and fleet (other than tractor mufflers, lol). They are pretty cheap. The cheapest ive sourced an oe muffler is about 80 bucks but the universal 2.25 at farm and fleet is around 30 dollars.

as for the stock setup... Im not even sure if its stock. On my car, there is no resonator which I think is a little odd but there is a muffler both pre and post rear axle. Before it rusted out it was pretty darn quiet.

next time i get it on a lift i will click a few pictures if you'd like to see how its setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts