Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I use the battery from Camry 2012 LE in 1998 Corolla VE. I can check the physical size but as far as other specification is concerned, I am not sure. As per google, Corolla takes 124R whereas Camry take 35N, and initial CCA for corolla is 700 amp, but for camry, it is 640 amp. Wondering is 640 amp will work as replacement for 700 amp? May be it is within range that Corolla needs? Please let me know?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Yes, as far as battery electrical specs you can use it. They are both 12V batteries.

I believe the 2012 Camry uses a 24F and newer Corollas use the smaller Group 35, but the 1998 Corolla may also be a 24F (not sure).

There are two issues with battery physical size:
  1. Will it fit in the battery tray. 24F is larger than a Group 35. But if both use 24F, no problem.

2. Will the negative and positive posts be in the correction position on the battery if one is Group 35 and the other is 24F. The 24F is not symmetrical with regard to battery posts, but not sure about Group 35. If you look at the two batteries installed in the original cars, you should be able to figure that out.
I don't know where you are getting 124R and 35N.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts