Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an ongoing problem with my 08 Hybrid Limited. And, yes, I've got a brand new battery in it.

Last night I got home about 9pm, parked the vehicle in my driveway, and today at 2pm went out to start it. Nothing. Nada. Battery is almost completely dead.

I've made sure my headlights are turned off, all my interior lights are set to not come on.

Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Could be a defective new battery. I'd take it back to where you bought it and have them run one of those load tests. If not, then you have a long road trying to find a short, a solenoid that is stuck on, etc.

Edit: I should add, if you are not the original owner, are there any obvious add-ons from the PO? That'd be the first place to check if its not the battery.

·
2013 Highlander Plus
115 Posts
You can check to see if it’s the battery by disconnecting the ground cable overnight. The next day if the car doesnt start, then something is up with the battery. If the car does start, it means you have a parasitic draw on the battery that is draining it, something in the car is pulling current. You can check on YouTube how to check for a load that could be draining your battery (also called a parasitic draw). You’ll need an ampmeter to do this, the short of it is that the current should normally be no higher than about 50 mA when the car is off. If it’s higher than that when car is off, all lights are off (No doors open, no hood light on, etc), then you may have a draw. Example,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts