Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s my problem and I hope someone can help, I have a 2006 Toyota Camry LÊ 4 cylinder, the batter light came on last week so I bought a new battery, light stayed on. After that we went ahead and got a new alternator after plugging in my OBD2 scanner and testing the alternator through that, I replaced it with a brand new alternator and the battery light went off, thought it was fixed, but today the light came back on again. This time I checked the alternator through a volt meter, with the car off the battery read 12.6 volts, during start up it dropped to 11 volts and came back up to 14.4 volts on idle. So the alternator seems to be running fine? I assume since the volts all check out, nothing below or above average, but the light stays on, after plugging in my OBD2 scanner AGAIN with the new alternator and running ANOTHER alternator test it registers that the alternator isn’t charging the battery sufficiently. At this point I can’t think of anything else to do or what’s wrong, any ideas?

·
Registered
09 Camry
286 Posts
The voltages seem to be good. Maybe you need a mechanic or a dealer to clear the codes from the computer? I know sometimes codes keep coming back even after the problem is fixed on some cars. My friend with a VW had to deal with something similar recently. His code kept coming back up after fixing the problem, had a mechanic clear the code for him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts