Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Camry 16 Highland
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't need to replace it, but when I do, what's the deal with the fuses on the positive battery terminal? Is there anything different about battery replacement for this? 2.0L SE 6MT sedan 2020.

Thanks in advance for your information.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
There may not be any YouTube videos yet for changing a battery on a 2020 Corolla, but maybe by the time you need to change it, there will be, and will explain any issues with fuses.

One of biggest mistakes people make on replacing a battery is to over-tighten the hold-down bar, which can eventually cause the battery to be more likely to leak and cause corrosion, or suffer internal damage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't need to replace it, but when I do, what's the deal with the fuses on the positive battery terminal? Is there anything different about battery replacement for this? 2.0L SE 6MT sedan 2020.

Thanks in advance for your information.
The battery for the SE is size LN2 which is a European designation and is marked on the battery. I believe the equivalent BCI group is 47. The replacement battery has to have the exact same case size because it is held down along the base on two edges by a clamp and along the other two edges by the battery tray. A slightly longer battery won't fit in to the tray and a slightly shorter battery can't be held down by the clamp. Also a taller battery can interfere with the hood. Keep this in mind when it comes time to change the battery. Nothing different, just unbolt the positive terminal and be careful not to damage the fuses.

·
Registered
277 Posts
not sure why they separated out the box the 140A and 60A fuses (3) do not want to Pop them then disconnect (-)12vdc first and protect the end,, let drain out you can pull the fuses or slip off the (+) 12vdc. I can simply do a vid when that time comes.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Thanks for posting the video.
I would not pay any attention to that video. He didn't actually remove the positive cable to see if that works (without removing the fuses). His previous video on batteries provided factually incorrect information.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Agree the fuses prevent issues. but you're going to work on the bat alive. why I said What I said in my vid.

I would not pay any attention to that video. He didn't actually remove the positive cable to see if that works (without removing the fuses). His previous video on batteries provided factually incorrect information.
I suggest ignoring the post then then answering it lets ee how that goes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts