Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hello all,
Could you please tell me what's the battery size (in Amp) for Corolla 2014?
look up what battery type fits your car and get the largest CCA battery that fits. your car will NEVER use up to that amount of cold cranking amps, if it does, then your engine is seized up. batteries are rated at how many amps will put out when it is cold outside. for my suzuki samurai i had, it had a wimpy battery in it, 280cca.. i put an 800 cca battery in it, and that battery was still going strong 7 years later because my car never stressed the battery. so put the largest cca battery that will fit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
look up what battery type fits your car and get the largest CCA battery that fits. your car will NEVER use up to that amount of cold cranking amps, if it does, then your engine is seized up. batteries are rated at how many amps will put out when it is cold outside. for my suzuki samurai i had, it had a wimpy battery in it, 280cca.. i put an 800 cca battery in it, and that battery was still going strong 7 years later because my car never stressed the battery. so put the largest cca battery that will fit.
Thank you for the reply but i want to know battery capacity that i should use, 50 Ah ? 45Ah?!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the larger Ah battery will last longer. are you using the battery for more than just the car? or for another application?
I just use it for my car,
I have 45Ah battery but recently and during cold weather my ABS start to show on dashboard when i start the car in the morning ,so i thought maybe i need to use a bigger battery , I don't know if 45Ah enough for my car or i have a problem with my abs unit.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I have 45Ah battery but recently and during cold weather my ABS start to show on dashboard when i start the car in the morning ,so i thought maybe i need to use a bigger battery , I don't know if 45Ah enough for my car or i have a problem with my abs unit.
Maybe if you tell us the brand name and model name and any other identifying info of the battery in your car, that would help in determining whether it is an acceptable model (although we cannot tell whether it is still able to hold a charge unless you have it tested). You can take your car to most auto parts stores (Advance, AutoZone, O'Reillys), and they will test your battery for free in the parking lot (go when they are not busy).

·
Registered
157 Posts
if it is the original battery, you have gotten good life out of it. toyota does a great job with their batteries. other cars usually have to weak of a battery to last more than 4 years. if the 50Ah battery fits in your car and the local auto supply place look up thing says it will fit. i'd go with that. it won't hurt your car. it will last longer because it isn't getting as stressed when you start it.

do you have a volt meter? should be 12.7 or so volts. you can have someone start the car while you are measuring the voltage and see if it drops down to 11 or lower volts while the car is being started. this will indicate if it getting weak. often electronics in the car don't like when the voltage drops below a certain amount when its being started and will flash a warning light or act funny at first.

·
straight cash homie
19,313 Posts
I would guess Group 35, but not sure what the spec is in other countries since we're not talking about a US/Canadian model.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I would guess Group 35, but not sure what the spec is in other countries since we're not talking about a US/Canadian model.
i was looking up batteries for the group 35 and very few of them even show the Ah rating of the battery. i did see only the platinum version was CCA650 and 55Ah. but all the other ones didn't even list the Ah.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
i was looking up batteries for the group 35 and very few of them even show the Ah rating of the battery. i did see only the platinum version was CCA650 and 55Ah. but all the other ones didn't even list the Ah.
Platinum batteries are typically AGM. I recommend Gold batteries (or Walmart EverStart MAXX), unless the car came with an AGM battery or some other special type battery. For the some of the newer start/stop vehicles, Toyota is using a new kind of battery that is sort of in-between AGM and flooded cell.

Group 35 specifies the physical size of the battery so that it fits in the battery tray and hold-down bar, plus where the terminals are located on the battery. For example, a 24 and 24F are the same size, but the positive and negative terminals are located differently, and cables may not reach unless you get the correct one.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
toyota does a great job with their batteries.
That definitely used to be the case, but I don't think so any longer. Good quality batteries have more lead plates inside them, but lead is very heavy and to save weight and get better fuel economy, they are now using cheaper batteries.

·
straight cash homie
19,313 Posts
Platinum batteries are typically AGM. I recommend Gold batteries (or Walmart EverStart MAXX), unless the car came with an AGM battery or some other special type battery. For the some of the newer start/stop vehicles, Toyota is using a new kind of battery that is sort of in-between AGM and flooded cell.

Group 35 specifies the physical size of the battery so that it fits in the battery tray and hold-down bar, plus where the terminals are located on the battery. For example, a 24 and 24F are the same size, but the positive and negative terminals are located differently, and cables may not reach unless you get the correct one.
Typically, 35s fit regular Corollas, but my Corolla with the 2.4 has the 24F battery, which is also the battery for Camrys, Siennas, and other Toyotas

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe if you tell us the brand name and model name and any other identifying info of the battery in your car, that would help in determining whether it is an acceptable model (although we cannot tell whether it is still able to hold a charge unless you have it tested). You can take your car to most auto parts stores (Advance, AutoZone, O'Reillys), and they will test your battery for free in the parking lot (go when they are not busy).
My battery is Varta b32 blue dynamic

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if it is the original battery, you have gotten good life out of it. toyota does a great job with their batteries. other cars usually have to weak of a battery to last more than 4 years. if the 50Ah battery fits in your car and the local auto supply place look up thing says it will fit. i'd go with that. it won't hurt your car. it will last longer because it isn't getting as stressed when you start it.

do you have a volt meter? should be 12.7 or so volts. you can have someone start the car while you are measuring the voltage and see if it drops down to 11 or lower volts while the car is being started. this will indicate if it getting weak. often electronics in the car don't like when the voltage drops below a certain amount when its being started and will flash a warning light or act funny at first.
I've measured it today by voltmeter and it gave me 13.1V (i've measured it after stopping the car), i will try to measure it in the morning and see if there is a drop in volrage.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
My battery is Varta b32 blue dynamic

Sorry, didn't notice you were outside the USA. In the USA, batteries are usually rated by CCA (cold cranking amps) and 330 CCA battery is low compared to most batteries sold in the USA, but that just affects how much power reserve the battery has when you have to start the car. Once the car is started, it shouldn't matter.

13.1 V is quite high for a car when engine is not running. In the USA the batteries are typically about 12.6 V when fully charged and car not running. I would check your volt meter or make sure the engine was not running when you measured it.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
6,269 Posts
With how I see it, the easiest way to understand it is to look at your current battery (preferably OEM) specs then for the next battery you get you get the one with the specs the next level above it.

This might be the battery I have in my 08 Camry but I believe it's specs are one step above the OEM battery that I had replaced so when I replace it next time I might either get the same battery or I might try to take another step above. A lot of it just depends on your climate and how long you want to be able to run if your alternator goes bad.
  • 825 CCA
  • 120 Reserve Capacity

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
6,269 Posts
I don't know what the conversion is for aH to Reserve Capacity but if I had to choose the Super Start Premium if I was on a budget but I would prefer the Super Start Extreme. But the CCA is mostly dependent on your climate and I apologize as I am not good at know which country flag is which other than a few so if your climate is warmer then your current battery should suffice. Otherwise just get one slightly better than 45 aH and 330 CCA.

I am in Wisconsin so our temperatures can vary from over 90F to below -20F so for me the higher CCA is needed.
  • Blue Dynamic 545 156 033
    • 45 aH (amps per hour)
    • 330 CCA
  • Super Start Premium
    • 90 minute Reserve Capacity
    • 550 CCA
  • Super Start Extreme
    • 95 minute Reserve Capacity
    • 640 CCA

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know what the conversion is for aH to Reserve Capacity but if I had to choose the Super Start Premium if I was on a budget but I would prefer the Super Start Extreme. But the CCA is mostly dependent on your climate and I apologize as I am not good at know which country flag is which other than a few so if your climate is warmer then your current battery should suffice. Otherwise just get one slightly better than 45 aH and 330 CCA.

I am in Wisconsin so our temperatures can vary from over 90F to below -20F so for me the higher CCA is needed.
  • Blue Dynamic 545 156 033
    • 45 aH (amps per hour)
    • 330 CCA
  • Super Start Premium
    • 90 minute Reserve Capacity
    • 550 CCA
  • Super Start Extreme
    • 95 minute Reserve Capacity
    • 640 CCA
Thank you for your reply.💐

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've measured it today by voltmeter and it gave me 13.1V (i've measured it after stopping the car), i will try to measure it in the morning and see if there is a drop in volrage.
assuming the cars there use a 12 volt system, having your battery at 13.1volts is good, watch the volt meter as the car is being started to see if it drops low. you can measure the voltage while the car is running and typically the alternator is charging the battery at 13.8 to 14.1volts so you can verify the alternator is working.
so the ABS light only comes on in the morning when it is cold and starting the car?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
assuming the cars there use a 12 volt system, having your battery at 13.1volts is good, watch the volt meter as the car is being started to see if it drops low. you can measure the voltage while the car is running and typically the alternator is charging the battery at 13.8 to 14.1volts so you can verify the alternator is working.
so the ABS light only comes on in the morning when it is cold and starting the car?
Usually it comes out in the morning once a week , specially if i park the car for a couple of days without starting it.but last month and during cold weather it comes out everyday in the morning and i have to switch off car and on again then the abs light goes off!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts