Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

Just plugged my new Panasonic CQ-C5410 last sunday and it rocks (stock toyota sound system definately impressed me) on my gen3... Now I haven't taken it on the road for like 2 weeks (taking the bus these days... lol) and I've been listening to music for a while in it, when everything electrical started going down... And when I realised battery was going down it was too late to start the engine...

So I boosted it and now everything's fine... Only thing is I was wondering if only 2 hours of listening to loud music without engine rolling was enough to empty up a battery or if you guys think I might have done something wrong so that the head unit sucks some power even when the car's off....???

Please, I do need your advice!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont know if this is a joke but yes to which of the statements?

Normal stuff that battery power empties up after more than 2 hours of using the sound system and other electrical gadgets in the car?

Or something is wrong with the connections?

Thanks!

·
JL Fanatik
42 Posts
Almost any loudness at 2 hours will drain your battery, not a problem. You can do this, but youd need to jump start and ud be fine.
Im surprised that yours lasted 2 hours, i learned quickly never to park in an empty lot during a rainstorm with your girlfriend listening to music. I think my batt died in 45min - 1 hr (guess).

Nothing was more embarrassing then "Hey stephen (my brother), you think you can come jump start me?"
"Yea sure, where are you at?"
"This empty lot... , with Mary.":hammer:
"Haha, im commin, same shit happened to me before"

·
Registered
28 Posts
LoL.. two hours and you think the battery won't drain?
That's pretty good considering mine drains in less than 1-1 and half hours because of all the equipment in my car.

:D

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
well, in your case, obviously yes....

but by the same token, I would think that a stock system without subs could last two hours blaring music.....unless when you say blaring, you mean like, let the whole block hear your music too....

get yourself a yellow-top- well worth the money :thumbup:

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Yea the stock speakers are pretty boss! I have people coming up to me asking me what I got installed. They look dumbfounded when I tell them that its the stock speakers.
I can bump them up pretty loud too. Just yesterday I had someone bopping his head to my song from down the block.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
I haven't changed my stock speakers at all (XLE sound package). I think they play good. Before I put in my subs and new deck ppl would ask me if I had already installed a new system. At times I would get pretty good bass depending on the song.

·
I get angry when Im sober
1,858 Posts
am I the only one who thinks the stock system sounded like ass? well i guess you'd probably think what you're listening to is good until you hear something better, thats how i was

·
Registered
470 Posts
same here, wait till you hear aftermarket speakers, and once you get involved in sound, you'll never be satisfied...so watch out...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts