Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
07 XLE
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not Really....but it is my first POST.:clap:

Been here lurkin', soakin' up the mod knowledge for months.
Had a 04 4Runner , NAV, 4 Tvs, XM, Backup camera, remote start.....traded it, lost my ass, bought a 07 Camry XLE, lower payment, better MPG, fast, stupid, maybe.

First off I really like the Camry overall, nice ride, quick, luxury feel, no problem with mine with the exception of the transmission hesitation first thing in the morning. I can deal.

So far haven't done much, color mud guards, updated all interior lighting with blue LED with the exception of the MAP lights, berber floor mats, trailer hitch, radar...

Just bought 07 Factory NAV and a backup camera going to install this weekend.

Of course I have a couple of questions:
I want to add some footwell lighting. are these
worth the money? Can anyone tell me where would be the best place to tap into the footwell lights to come on with the headlights or to come on when the instrument light change to night mode. I want my footwell lights on all the time at night. Any ideas?

I know this is a stupid question but has anyone found anyway to duplicate the aqua color. I respect the point of toyota being innovative with this choice but not being able to match that lighting urks me... I'm like that...

One more... Has any one had any experience with these ? I like the look. From the picture it looks like they match the aqua dash...is that possible?:lol:

LAST THING...is it possible that they will come out with a remote starte add-on for the smart key..it seems doable..

How 'bout that smart key shit...:banger:....don't just see it as just a cool feature. I will never buy another car without it !!! I am currently adding smart key to my 1972 gremlin...it's that good.

Thanks....

·
07 XLE
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok simpler Question...How do I add that GEN 6 label to my post..

I no-one answers this I guess I'll go back to 4Runner...they liked me...I think..

·
~
187 Posts
just because nobody responded to your post, it doesn't me we don't like you. :loove:

I did the footwell thing. I bought mine off ebay. It looks nice. It came with 6 led "bars" that you put wherever you want

Things I liked about it:
-remote control
-price (about 120 US)
-multi-colour

Things I didn't like about it:
-one of the cords wasn't long enough to put it where i wanted
-all the wires were a pain to locate and hide
-i couldn't figure out how to have it come on automatically when the car is on (because once power's disconnected and reconnected, the module is off and you have to press the "on" button that's integrated into the main led module or via remote to get the lights back on).

Hope that helps.

·
07 XLE
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tom5681 said:
just because nobody responded to your post, it doesn't me we don't like you. :loove:

I did the footwell thing. I bought mine off ebay. It looks nice. It came with 6 led "bars" that you put wherever you want

Things I liked about it:
-remote control
-price (about 120 US)
-multi-colour

Things I didn't like about it:
-one of the cords wasn't long enough to put it where i wanted
-all the wires were a pain to locate and hide
-i couldn't figure out how to have it come on automatically when the car is on (because once power's disconnected and reconnected, the module is off and you have to press the "on" button that's integrated into the main led module or via remote to get the lights back on).

Hope that helps.

Thanks .. I want very low lighting and I want it on all the time at night...

BTW in my 4runner I tapped into the 'door activated' circuit right beside the seat under the trim...pretty easy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts