Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
09 Tacoma
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in the day, these were pretty good parts. Anyone have recent experiece with this brand? Thanks.

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
4,220 Posts
I haven't used a lot of the Beck parts but don't recall ever having a problem. I'm guessing it's a part by part issue.
I do stay clear of Dorman, and Bosch.

·
Registered
09 Tacoma
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bosch? Really? Have they gone down the drain quality wise? Dorman: I thot they just made little knick knacks you need for your car, but thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
4,220 Posts
Dorman has moved into a lot bigger arena for parts, maybe their a middle-man for others and slap there name on them. My problem with Bosch parts have been ones that have an electrical component, i.e o2 sensors etc.
If it's critical or difficult to get to I lean towards oem, other parts I'll look at warranty and price, as well as what happens should it fail while on the road.

·
Registered
09 Tacoma
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK. Let me run this past you. How about "premium" brake pads from Wagner or Raybestos? Any clear winner there? OEM pads are pushing $90 with shipping. Yikes.

·
イリジウム
12,276 Posts
Dorman is ok for wheel studs, I use them all the time. I had some problems with MAS ball joints and suspension arms, and Dorman bought MAS. So that alone would be my reason to stay away.

Bosch - I guess the Germans can't handle electronics reliably, even if they invented lots of them for automotive use, like the CAN data bus, ABS module and oxygen sensors, etc.

NGK/NTK and Denso do better with electronics, although they have to license things from Bosch. For ignition products I'd go NGK instead of Bosch.

Back to OP's question, Beck Arnley had one time reboxed some OEM stuff, it seems like most of their stuff is aftermarket these days. Some prefer their ball joints, I've used some ATF filter kits, axle oil seals. Seem ok. For relays go with WVE by NTK. NTK is the ceramic side of the group and NGK makes the ignition products.

Yeah as SDS mentioned, for critical stuff go OEM.

·
Registered
09 Tacoma
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, you're right about OEM. I do remember back in the day that some Beck parts were exactly the same as OEM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts