Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what size (thread and length) my bed bolts are, it is a 1993 2wd 5-speed. Thanks.

·
Registered
94 pickup
129 Posts
i believe they are based on a 10m bolt coarse thread. y do you need to know?

·
Registered
94 pickup
129 Posts
it isnt a normal bolt. the "head" end is a funny shape so yoou dont have to put a wrench on the top end. i think they are only a dealer item.

·
Mini Truckin Done Right
94' Toyota MiniTruck
13 Posts
How many do you Need I have a few extra layin around.

·
Mini Truckin Done Right
94' Toyota MiniTruck
13 Posts
not when you have a business account and you pay per year not per item thanks tho

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own a 1994 Toyota 4x4 extended cab , i have removed the bed and also wondering where i can locate replacement bolts, are they a dealer item only? need the washers and the nuts and the rubber bushings. anyone have any ideas or feedback thanks

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
Bed bolts are M10-1.25. They have a large diameter washer attached. The washer has 2 tabs sticking out (180* apart) that keep it from spinning, that way you only need a wrench on the nut to tighten them down. If you have really long arms or a friend to hold another wrench, standard 10M bolts will work. You could also use 3/8" bolts which are a hair (1/64") smaller than 10M.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bed Bolts

Thanks for your imput on the bed bolts, i decided i would try the M10 1.25 i will also look up rock auto. i have taken the bed off and have had it sandblasted and am now in the process of putting POR-15 Metal Ready and then applying POR-15 on the frame. i appreciate your response to my thread.. keep in touch Rudy Villarreal :spy:

·
Yoda: Small & Green :-)
94 yoda
240 Posts
it isnt a normal bolt. the "head" end is a funny shape so yoou dont have to put a wrench on the top end. i think they are only a dealer item.
Just picked up mine from the local dealership. Weren't that expensive, although the rubber flat square spacers were more expensive than the bolts.

They're going to be fun sticking a regular bolt in there, consider it's an encased housing at the top. Not impossible, but also not worth the $8.00 each to replace

I just ordered new bolts, washers and spacers for my frame resto I'm doing

You can see that the original bolts were rotting.

Make sure you post your experience on your bolt install.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts