Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I just got my first truck. I need to get a Bedliner, but I have noticed there's two kinds - over the rail and under the rail.

What should i get? What's the advantage / disadvantage over the other one?

I have a black Tacoma truck.

Please help me choose the best looking one that fits the truck.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have one that is over the rail, and what I have noticed is when I am loading/unloading items that can be dragged across the top, the bed liner is there to protect the paint on top there from scratches.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have a drop in bed liner from the dealer when I bought it, but I do like the spray on ones better..... the one thing that has bothered me is I've seen some that just spray over the bolts that hold the tail gate together so I don't know how you're suposed to get to the inside say if the latch breaks that opens it.

·
Registered
'20 gray crewcab 4x4; sold '09 access cab 4x4, '94 T100 4x4, '85 4x4, '82 2x4 pickup
501 Posts
I just had a spray-in liner put into the wife's truck. The company carefully masked all the bolt heads that might be removed for repairs.

·
Sleeping While Awake
94 Posts
i'd go with the sprayed liner. the drop in liners are good, but things tend to slide around when you don't want them too. sprayed liners have really good friction allowing things you placed in the back of the truck to stay where they are. plus, most of them are guarenteed for a long time.

·
Registered
182 Posts
yeah i think spray would look better i dont like bolt in putts holes in yo truck :( thats not cool lol

·
Registered
99 Taco
31 Posts
I had an over the rail liner and didn't like it. it moved around and took paint off the sides of the bed even though i screwed it in place. I now have a under the rail liner and don't like it cause the rails are too exposed. I have looked hard into the spray on's and have decided they are the way to go. A great point is the can be "touched up" If they are ever damaged. Kelly blue book adds like $125.00 to the resale value
of it as well I am told.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The price in the Bay Area for Line-X is:

Under the rail : $450
add $20 for the tailgate rail
add $75 for over the rail

Damn...it's kind of pricey...but i want it done.

·
TN's SRT-4
2005 Dodge Neon SRT4
379 Posts
My '89 truck has the factory over the rail bedliner. When I took the bedliner off for the first time last year, most of the paint on the rail were gone and now covered with rust and some of the paint on the bed floor had been rubbed off. :( That's the only place where I have rust on my truck. :disappoin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts