Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 RAV4 Limited. When I lock the car using the smart key I get a couple of beeps. However, they are not very loud and in noisy environments are pretty hard to hear. I wonder if there is a way to increase the volume so I can walk away from the car press the lock button on the smart key and actually hear it. Currently, I typically have to walk back to the car to check that it is locked. My old cars were usually loud enough that I didn’t have to turn around to watch the blinking lights.

No big deal, just wondering if anyone knows how this can be changed.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yup, read the manual, or just poke around in the vehicle settings. However, I do not think the loudest setting is loud enough, and it is too directional.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Yup, read the manual, or just poke around in the vehicle settings. However, I do not think the loudest setting is loud enough, and it is too directional.
lock it when you get out.
Ever travel and have an outside room at a hotel thats near the parking lot?
all nite long hear the LOUD beeps- fords and some buicks used to be worst - they blew the car horn.
Toyotas at least just have the chirp. some people lose hi frequency hearing as they age (like me) can that be the problem?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found the volume control. And yes it is still fairly quiet - especially in busy parking garages and roads. AND it is quite directional as well... So Many thanks.

BTW overall I am finding the RAV4 to be an excellent vehicle. A few minor disappointments, but generally quite a nice car. I had a Venza many years ago, just prior to its discontinuation. That was a nice car! The new RAV4 has many ride characteristics and amenities which are similar, so I am quite satisfied overall.

B

·
Registered
93 Posts
lock it when you get out.
Ever travel and have an outside room at a hotel thats near the parking lot?
all nite long hear the LOUD beeps- fords and some buicks used to be worst - they blew the car horn.
Toyotas at least just have the chirp. some people lose hi frequency hearing as they age (like me) can that be the problem?
My hearing is fine. The previous generation had the same characteristics. I don't stay in hotels often and when I do, I don't make a habit of clicking the remote lock button. I typically use the remote lock as a sanity check after getting out and walking away, especially if I have passengers with me. Sometimes it's next to impossible to hear if I'm 20 yards or so away on the back driver's side of the vehicle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you Toyota for quiet beeps. I go so far as to depress the lock button on the door before exiting to even avoid the mild beep. There are better alternatives to locking your car than to add to the noise pollution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
bpedit
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing